Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Rain Sensor Issues

I have a problem with my rain sensor detecting water on any setting. Windshield was replaced and I think that is the cause. Are the any ways to troubleshoot or adjust setting to make wipers function correctly.....
    Thanks

sent by new technology DA

Not that I've read.

I've read countless threads about aftermarket glass not playing well with the sensor, though.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks Keith my research comes up same, may be a glass issue. My windshield was replaced with Pilkington with a DOT# that say mfg. in Mexico. ..

Quote Originally Posted by imola red zhp View Post
    Thanks Keith my research comes up same, may be a glass issue. My windshield was replaced with Pilkington with a DOT# that say mfg. in Mexico. ..

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like if we want continued functionality we have to pony up for the OEM stuff. PITA
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately it seems like if we want continued functionality we have to pony up for the OEM stuff. PITA
    Yea guess I'll start following trucks to get a new one.....LOL

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Mine hasn't worked since day 1. Had windshield replaced and still no dice. Bogus. That was one of the features I was looking forward to with this car.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Wasn't the OE glass on our cars Pilkington? I remember some of it being Pilkington and some a different brand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Wasn't the OE glass on our cars Pilkington? I remember some of it being Pilkington and some a different brand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I believe it is Pilkington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

My buddy needed a new windshield for his 550. Jumped through hoops to get his insurance to cover OEM glass then found the installer that does all the work for the local BMW dealer. After all of that the guy shows up to do the install and we start talking about the sensor and aftermarket glass. He was adamant that the glass is never the problem, it is always from a poorly installed sensor or they tried to reuse the old sensor. He said there is no way to remove the sensor from the glass without destroying the adhesive and it's still tricky to get a new one on the glass perfectly with absolutely no air bubbles.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast