Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Went on today. Praying for rain....

Name:  IMG_2799.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  394.0 KB
    Name:  karl-pilkington.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  28.0 KB
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Subscribed...

Windshield cracked. Calling Safelite in the morning...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Well, I have to say-as supportive as Safelite was, it certainly would have been easier if they had done it right the first time. If this is an insurance job- maybe you have other options?

iPhone/Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Well, I have to say-as supportive as Safelite was, it certainly would have been easier if they had done it right the first time. If this is an insurance job- maybe you have other options?

iPhone/Tapatalk Pro
    Yep, insurance job. One of those times when the $50 comprehensive deductible should come in handy.

I'll definitely ask about my options. Love the convenience of Safelite if they'll commit to doing oem glass and molding right out of the gate.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yep, insurance job. One of those times when the $50 comprehensive deductible should come in handy.

I'll definitely ask about my options. Love the convenience of Safelite if they'll commit to doing oem glass and molding right out of the gate.
    This is perfection. You'll pay for it though.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Went on today. Praying for rain....

Name:  IMG_2799.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  394.0 KB
    Name:  karl-pilkington.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  28.0 KB
    you dont need to wait for rain, make sure your wiper stalk is in the 1st position (putting it into the first position from "rest/0" will trigger the wipers once)

once its in the 1st position and you have no rain.. it should not move obviously, then get a spray bottle of water and spray water onto the sensor which should trigger the wipers.

while you are there, if you are in the garage, make sure your LCM is set to AUTO and your lights should be on, then take something like your phone with the LED/FLASH on or a flash light and shine it into the sensor and the lights should shut off in 5 seconds or less.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Yes, thanks for this: I knew about the rain sensor part. My sensor problem was a bit more complex, in that the wipers responded differently depending on how hard it is raining: thus a real world test is best for me.

So far so good on my end.

Shout out to NJ Manufacturers Insurance who approved the $661 BMW glass for my 12 year old car. The Safelite tech must have told me ten times that he couldn't believe they approved the BMW glass-- he said he's seen companies deny OE glass on one year old cars.

Safelite started by verifying my rain sensor worked (he said that's required now as people are blaming them for non-functioning rain sensors that weren't working before the glass swap). Out with the old, in with the new, and verified the rain sensor was working.

I won't know for sure if everything is good until I drive her in the rain, but she passed the spray bottle test.
    So at the end of the day, I got lucky and got a BMW windshield for my $50 deductible.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Win. As usual. Winning follows KG.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had NJM when I was in Jersey. I hated to give them up. The Ins. Co. In Jersey.
    They said I'm a lifetime member if I ever move back
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast