Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 346 m3 vs zhp

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    +1

Just for example, raw costs of an oil change exceeds $90 just in oil and material.

Perfect example of why I stopped tracking the Z and went to the 128. Rotors, tires, brakes...etc are all additional cost over normal.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Thanks monk3y I have seen several posts from people who have owned both. Ultimately It seems that if money is no object, then get the M3

However, if you are using it as a daily driver and plan on packing on the miles get ready to shell out some serious cash.

Some other people said if you have to stretch to buy the m3 get the zhp you wont be disappointed.

Some other things to think about is that the steering seems to be better than the m3 which should give you some driving feedback from the vehicle.

For me, Money is an object right now. I have other business objectives in the next few years and I was hoping this next car would be as trouble free as possible.

It seems the zhp fits the perfect compromise for reliability and performance.

although not as fast still fun
    cheaper to maintain. and has its own steering character that is one of the best Bmw has made.

Also the exhaust note was mentioned a lot.

I have learned a lot in the short time I have been here.

Definitely get the ZHP if money is an object. It is much easy to maintain and still an extremely fun car. I drove an a4, s4, and s5 and besides the power the zhp was more fun to drive. The ZHP is just as fun to drive as the M except when hitting the gas pedal in a turn or straight so not much lost in a daily driver. The steering felt slightly better in the ZHP, but the M feels more planted. A pleasurable exhaust note was easy to achieve in the Z with a tse3. The M is a little harder because there are so many options and almost all add some level of drone. There are lots of others, but the mafia has touched on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Definitely get the ZHP if money is an object. It is much easy to maintain and still an extremely fun car. I drove an a4, s4, and s5 and besides the power the zhp was more fun to drive. The ZHP is just as fun to drive as the M except when hitting the gas pedal in a turn or straight so not much lost in a daily driver. The steering felt slightly better in the ZHP, but the M feels more planted. A pleasurable exhaust note was easy to achieve in the Z with a tse3. The M is a little harder because there are so many options and almost all add some level of drone. There are lots of others, but the mafia has touched on them.
    +1, I agree with Sean here...

The ZHP actually has a tighter steering rack than the ///M so it handles just as nimbly as the ///M does if not slightly better. The ///M is a well-balanced car and has lot's of raw power...

I fought with this dilemma, too, when I was looking for my car. I love my ZHP but keep getting drawn to the M3’s higher performance … what I think I’ve settled on is keeping the ZHP as a phenomenal daily driver and eventually getting a Z4M roadster for a weekend toy. Best of both worlds!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

I think the fact that the ZHP is compared to the M3 so often despite its horsepower deficit speaks pretty highly of the ZHP.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Lmao at this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Lmao at this thread

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post

Thinking a new record for most created threads in a week of membership...

Sent from my GS3.
    +1
    OP I would definitely take 346 M3s over a single ZHP any day of the week.

All very good points. cost of ownership is definitely a concern
    as I am looking to pay off student loans.
    as well as saving money

I appreciate the honest opinons

I have never ever owned a BMW before it has always been a desire to own one.
    My zhp is arriving end of next week and I am probably going through last minute buyers remorse

[IMG][/IMG]

so making the right decision is very important as there is a lot of money on the line.

I apologize for those who feel this post thread is lame.
    But it has been immensely helpful to me.
    Last edited by diverse; 02-15-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Bump for some down right ratchet forum posts. This thread should go into the hall of fame.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast