Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great input once again.

I have nearly 11 years with my MT ZHP and I love it when the time is right. But stop-n-go traffic or typical around town driving, an MT would be better, especially
    holding a cup of coffee. Just wish it would make sense to have one of each.

You said "MT" twice

I wish the SMG was good…oh well.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Step Guy here.

This is my first BMW so I can't give any comparison between 6MT vs Step. When I was looking for my BMW it really didn't matter to me if the car I found was Manual or Auto as I can drive both. My wife likes Auto trans better also. I really like having an Auto in traffic and driving while holding a dozen roses in a vase filled with water, LoL. I almost always drive in Sport Mode, it's so much easier to down shift to pass or slow down into turns etc. The best addition to a Step is a Sprint Booster Ver 2 which John and I both have.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

When I was hunting around for a car last summer I test-drove an Auto ZHP sedan. At the time I was driving an '06 Mercedes C230 (also auto), and the difference in transmissions was mind blowing. The Merc was as slush-box as they get - my dad's Corolla shifts faster. The ZHP's automatic felt fantastic - the car revved fast, shifted fast, and was smooth. Hit the gas and the car goes, next to no delays. It was very similar to the 6MT ZHP I had prior to the Merc. I've got a 6MT again as I still prefer to row my own gears, but have to say that a BMW automatic is the only automatic I'd ever drive.

I liked the auto with paddle shifters. I preferred to drive in manual mode most the time anyways.

Maybe this is for another thread, but how hard and how much is it to put paddle shifters on a step?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2003ZHP View Post
    Maybe this is for another thread, but how hard and how much is it to put paddle shifters on a step?
    Ask JohnRando, he did his ZHP.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2003ZHP View Post
    Not hard. You just need the ///M clock spring and a wiring piece. I think we have a thread in the DIY.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Mine is a STEP and my F30 DD and previous E92 were all auto's. A must for me in Atlanta daily traffic. Of the 3 I hate to say it but the ZHP is the worst of the 3 when driving aggressive, but still within legal legal limits of course . I have not serviced the transmission in the month or so I have owned the car but it does hold the revs high after flogging and for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, it doesn't feel quite as in tune with the engine like the other two BMW's I've had. I'm planning on some maintenance In the coming weeks to include a trans flush so maybe that will help but will also seriously consider the Dinan tune in the future.
    2016 F16 Xdrive 35i Space Gray over Ivory
    2005 E46 ZHP Convertible Monaco Blue over Natural Brown: aFe Stage I Intake, Turner Strut Tower Brace, H&R Touring Cup Kit, Yellow Fogs, Factory iPod interface. And lots o' maintenance stuff done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast