Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Matching Angel Eyes with Stock Xenon

I want to buy some Orion V2 Angel Eyes that are 6000k but from I've searched it seems people generally don't think the stock Xenons go with the 6000k AE's very well. I am thinking of getting different bulbs to match with the angel eyes but I have some questions.

The type of bulbs I need are d2s correct? And if I get new bulbs do I also need a new ballast or anything else? I am not looking to spend a lot of money on the bulbs but of course I still want quality lights. I've read that Morimotos are pretty good for the price;

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.UwD8uxCwLYh

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? And I assume 6000k would match the 6000k angel eyes the best?

I've never seen anyone get a perfect match between xenons and AEs, honestly.

You need D2S bulbs, you will not need a new ballast or anything. Just plug in the new bulb (assuming the wattage is the same as stock, 35W).

I'd go with Phillips or OSRAM CBIs. Both are more expensive than the Morimotos, but I've heard some complains about the Mori bulbs.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    I've never seen anyone get a perfect match between xenons and AEs, honestly.

You need D2S bulbs, you will not need a new ballast or anything. Just plug in the new bulb (assuming the wattage is the same as stock, 35W).

I'd go with Phillips or OSRAM CBIs. Both are more expensive than the Morimotos, but I've heard some complains about the Mori bulbs.
    You haven't seen my setup yet then
    Assuming all ZHPs come with factory projectors with D2S HIDs - yes you need D2S bulbs.
    If you want the 6000K Orion V2s then I'd suggest getting either Khoalty's generic 6000K bulbs for around 20 bucks. If you want color, and superior output, then the Osram CBIs. Those are not 6000K however, they're 5500K if I remember correctly.
    Over time though, they will start to have a blue tinge from repeated use. That's what happened to mine and now they match the rings fairly well.

I think I am going to go with the 6000K Morimoto XB35's because I've read some pretty good things about them and I saw that even though Khoalty bulbs are a good bang for the buck, they won't last as long.

After looking at this thread http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...5-6000k-purple and seeing the 6000k's in use;

and then seeing how good the 5000k's looked in this thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15958877

I think I am going to go with the 5000k's with the 6000k Angel Eyes. The person with the 5000k bulbs also said there is a slight tint of blue in them so I think it would match up nicely with these 6000k Orion V2's.