Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caliper Paint

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but I think it's probably better to keep it in the same thread than start a new one. Anyways, I'm planning to swap out brake lines, the clutch line, and do a CDV delete soon so I figure while I'm doing all of that I might as well clean off and paint my calipers. The consensus around here seems to be silver or black to keep it understated since our brake calipers aren't particularly large or worth showing off. That said, my car is quite dark with Oriental Blue paint and gloss black grills. Once I swap out the bumper reflectors for color-matched ones and the windows get tinted next week, it will be pretty dark car overall. I'd like to have a bit of color, and the brake calipers seem like a good way to do it but I don't want to make it too gaudy or god forbid ricey. I actually thought Chris' (HokieZHP) black ZHP looked pretty good in yellow (below). I know this topic has been talked to death but I'd be interested in your guys' thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I know this is resurrecting an old thread but I think it's probably better to keep it in the same thread than start a new one. Anyways, I'm planning to swap out brake lines, the clutch line, and do a CDV delete soon so I figure while I'm doing all of that I might as well clean off and paint my calipers. The consensus around here seems to be silver or black to keep it understated since our brake calipers aren't particularly large or worth showing off. That said, my car is quite dark with Oriental Blue paint and gloss black grills. Once I swap out the bumper reflectors for color-matched ones and the windows get tinted next week, it will be pretty dark car overall. I'd like to have a bit of color, and the brake calipers seem like a good way to do it but I don't want to make it too gaudy or god forbid ricey. I actually thought Chris' (HokieZHP) black ZHP looked pretty good in yellow (below). I know this topic has been talked to death but I'd be interested in your guys' thoughts.

The yellow looks really good

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

I'll join in on the fun

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Im in love with my blue calipers
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    Pics? My hesitation with blue calipers is my car is already a dark shade of blue.

Modification Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

I like the yellow.

I never got a picture of it, but I saw a black e46 330 with 'lime green' calipers and I thought it looked really good. Sort of like this green. It really pops.
    Name:  5107202930_06ee5b8aa3_b.jpg
Views: 4893
Size:  361.0 KB
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Isn't good on a non super car. Just looks like you're trying to hard to be a hybrid Porsche
    Modification Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    The yellow looks really good
    Yeah I thought it looks pretty good. Not too loud or obnoxious IMO. Your red ones look great, how do they look on your car?

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    Those do look good! I think they probably work best with a lighter color car, but maybe I'm wrong. Any pics of them with the wheels on? I didn't see any that were clear shots of it in your mod thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FL116 View Post
    I like the yellow.

I never got a picture of it, but I saw a black e46 330 with 'lime green' calipers and I thought it looked really good. Sort of like this green. It really pops.
    Name:  5107202930_06ee5b8aa3_b.jpg
Views: 4893
Size:  361.0 KB
    I think those actually look good on a GT-R. It's probably not for me and my car, but definitely an aesthetic that has its place.

I did a really quick (see: shitty) mock-up of yellow calipers on my car in Photoshop. Please ignore the filth, I plan to wash it this weekend. I think the yellow calipers compliment the color pretty well. I'm going to fool around with it a bit more with a few other colors:

Name:  IMG_0275.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  680.6 KB

Might have to zoom in to see them. Really like how it goes with the car

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast