Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

E46 E-Brake adjustment doityourself

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ooh I need this. Thanks, boss.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Sure thing.

This link was provided by Wolfy.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Perfect bump. I need this too!

Is the e-brake adjuster mechanism self adjusting? It is on my other two vehicles.

I tried doing an adjustment on my parking brake when I did my rotors and pads some months ago with a slightly different procedure (I think it was to pull the lever up 4\6 clicks. I seem to keep losing tension because depending on my car's mood it wont hold. Guess I'll have to revisit that when it gets warmer.

I had done this procedure however I did not remove the wheels. Just used on of the lug holes.

After the adjustment, my parking brake begins to hold at 2 clicks and fully locked at 5 clicks. Before, the parking break handle used to go to the point where it hit the armrest.

I'm going to do this today. Hope it also solves my annoying brake rattle. It goes away when I slightly pull up the E brake handle. We shall see.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Autozone.com
    Great write-up and pics! That’s exactly the procedure and specifications outlined in the TIS that I used to adjust mine. I, too, had no luck at all in finding/accessing the shoe adjustment screw with the wheels in place, but I didn’t need to remove the rotors. I also couldn’t seem to get my right shoe to expand, so I suspect I might need to replace it next time my brakes are due (might also try again but remove the rotor to get a good look at what’s going on).

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    How do you know you need it? Brake won't hold?
    That or you need to pull the lever excessively far (more than 7–8 notches) to get it to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Is the e-brake adjuster mechanism self adjusting? It is on my other two vehicles.
    Not to my knowledge (and given that this is the official adjustment procedure, I’d say it’s not).

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Before, the parking break handle used to go to the point where it hit the armrest.
    Ditto! That’s just a smidge too loose …

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC