Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Few more cooling system Q's before I pull the trigger at AutohausAZ

When doing the cooling system refresh, do u replace the Accessory Belt Tensioner Assembly (mine's hydraulic) or just the pulley/roller?

Also, aside from me getting the Saleri water pump, AutohausAZ carries these brands below for our cooling sytems. Any good? Any brands to avoid?? Genuine BMW parts are just so much more expensive
    -CRP-Contitec
    -auto Parts
    -MTC
    -O.E.M.
    -Behr
    -Nissens
    -Ina OEM

I know Stewart Water Pumps are highly recommended, but they are not cheap. I've heard good things about Behr. Not sure about the rest.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Miles on the car/system? I'd probably replace all the pulleys while you are in there. --oh, I htink your question is just to do the pulley on the tensioner or the whole thing. Not sure how easy it is to diagnose the hydraulic tensioner.
    Last edited by ELCID86; 02-10-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: clarification

When I did my cooling system, I purchased INA pulleys and they have worked well thus far. Additionally, I purchased a BEHR thermostat and that has performed well too.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Nissens radiators are quite good in my experience. I just replaced one preventatively (with another Nissens) in my E36, but it was probably in the car for 120K miles without issue. I also ran one in an E30 without issue. Both cars were used on the track for a few high performance driving schools too, so they were not lightly used. That said, not sure about their setup for the E46 with separate expansion tank, as with the E30 & E36 it is integral into the radiator and not available separately.

Contitech hoses and belts are pretty common in our rides, and I have some of their parts on each of my two Bimmers. Quality looks good, and I have not had a component failure with anything they make. Believe that they make the BMW OEM hoses.

Additionally, Behr components seem fine as well, and I have used quite a bit of them for some air conditioning replacement parts in the past.

Hope that this helps.

-Brettski

Look up the part numbers on rmeuropean.com to get the OEM manufacturer. It's usually a good bet to buy the OEM manufacturer vs Genuine BMW, and saves a good amount of money.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

I do not know the mileage on your zhp however I replaced the complete hydraulic tensioner on my car roughly around 110k. The factory unit was still fine however it felt weak compared to the new unit.

I replaced it plus the pulley and not I know it will be good for the next 100k.

Check out http://www.thebmwpartstore.com/ for your cooling needs if anything. Prices are fair there.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Look up the part numbers on rmeuropean.com to get the OEM manufacturer. It's usually a good bet to buy the OEM manufacturer vs Genuine BMW, and saves a good amount of money.
    This
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

My car is near 82k miles right now. Thanks for the replies folks! I will definitely use all of this info towards my purchase.

Autozone.com
    Still haven't decided on replacing the whole hydraulic tensioner assembly or just the tensioner pulley/roller & idler pulley. At around what mileage do these tensioners normally fail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast