Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    ^^^^ I didn't see this before posting. Could be the answer to my query?
    Yes. The tourings and coupes have pretty much the same taillight as their pre-face counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    I see your point, and agree that the woman wasn't paying attention. She was on her cell phone checking the road we were gonna merge onto for traffic instead of looking at the car already stopped (me) because of said traffic. But the brightness makes me feel better.
    Hey, as long as you feel good about it, that's all that matters brotha.

And as far as the extra lights on the facelift lighting up and letting followers know how hard you're stopping, I would think that unless they knew BMW E46 facelift layout to know those extra lights meant something they probably wouldn't register the difference.
    The effect is that if you see someone apply the brakes in front of you, their regular lights come on, but as they dig deeper into the floor, you'll see the extra lights come on in addition. So, the initial application of brake lights gets your attention, and the additional lights that come on raise your attention level more as they weren't there a second ago...

Of course this only matters if you're paying attention and watching for the "level 1" lights to come on in the first place. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Sorry Dane for the thread jack. I should probably move this to a PM, but you (and others) might find this information helpful if you want to tint/wrap your tails.

Let me know if you want me to start a new thread.

Sorry bro - I feel awful; I should've included a link and discussed more. I was on Tapatalk for BB and can't cut and paste links.

I posted a while back on tinted tails for Ryan on Bf.c:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8&postcount=32

I've been looking at how to upgrade the tails on my wagon for a while. The options for wagon tails are a bit more limited than sedan/coupes.

The exterior of my wagon is black - so I've thought about just doing the Nightshades on my OEMs but am concerned about the numerous law enforcement agencies in PA and MD that I could encounter on my drive every day to/from work. So I might just use lamin-x - that way I can remove if I need to.

Don Nguyen - on e46f.c - is wrapping lights and roofs has some really great pictures of what he's doing over in Cali. He's using lamin-x, so if you need to you can always remove it. Link here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=704954

I've also seen recommendations for Jon's Tinted Tails... http://www.jonstintedtails.com/index.htm.

Since both use Lamin-X, which comes in a variety of colors and can be used to color match, I wouldn't see why they couldn't do amber across the clear portion of your lights.

It's just another option out there where options are limited.

Speaking of pre-facelift vs facelift tails... from your pictures - I'm pretty sure I've got the facelift front... but pre-facelift tails.

Weird? Am I missing something?

^^^^ I didn't see this before posting. Could be the answer to my query?
    Started a new thread here Billy. Feel free to add to it...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...5032#post25032
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567