Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    That last picture looks familiar. Your old mounts were definitely shot.... Mine were in really good shape when I swapped them for M3 mounts... go figure... I was really hard on the car for about 100K before swapping them. I thought they would of looked like yours.

Have you done you valve cover gasket? You want to make sure the engine is well sealed with that supercharger on there...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That last picture looks familiar. Your old mounts were definitely shot.... Mine were in really good shape when I swapped them for M3 mounts... go figure... I was really hard on the car for about 100K before swapping them. I thought they would of looked like yours.

Have you done you valve cover gasket? You want to make sure the engine is well sealed with that supercharger on there...
    I was surprised at the condition but then again the mounts did have 176k on the clock so I guess it was their time. I did VCG 3 years ago when I bought the car. That was roughly 60,000 miles ago... man how time flies.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So my stock engine finally had enough. I recently switched to redline oil and I think the extra detergents loosened up the gunk holding it together because at 184k on the clock the engine had multiple misfires in cylinders 4,5&6. I pulled to plugs and lo and behold the piston head and plugs were coated in oil.

I pulled the motor and trans and will be replacing the motor with a spare ZHP motor I picked up some time ago. This will buy me some time to build the blown motor. Looking to do low compression Pistons, M52TU oil control piston rings (to eliminate oil consumption once and for all) and just replacing a lot of miscellaneous parts overall.

Trans shifter seal was leaking and Guibo was going out so I'm replacing those as well as shifter components and all the cooling hoses.

Any recommendations on Pistons or rebuild in general? I'm going to contact ESS to see if I can add more boost with low compression Pistons otherwise I may not go that route. Still undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    So my stock engine finally had enough. I recently switched to redline oil and I think the extra detergents loosened up the gunk holding it together because at 184k on the clock the engine had multiple misfires in cylinders 4,5&6. I pulled to plugs and lo and behold the piston head and plugs were coated in oil.

I pulled the motor and trans and will be replacing the motor with a spare ZHP motor I picked up some time ago. This will buy me some time to build the blown motor. Looking to do low compression Pistons, M52TU oil control piston rings (to eliminate oil consumption once and for all) and just replacing a lot of miscellaneous parts overall.

Trans shifter seal was leaking and Guibo was going out so I'm replacing those as well as shifter components and all the cooling hoses.

Any recommendations on Pistons or rebuild in general? I'm going to contact ESS to see if I can add more boost with low compression Pistons otherwise I may not go that route. Still undecided.

Read post 89 and beyond and link up with Wyatt.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8597

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You had me at "extra motor..."!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

ESS used to have a TS3 kit which includes low compression pistons, a smaller pulley, tuning but I don't see it on the website.
    If you're a member over at E46F they have a really knowledgeable group in the FI forum
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234