Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wonder why it needed head rebuilt at such a mileage that don't need it? Looks clean overall

This car was listed here for sale and then the owner took the ad down. I had asked to see if it was still for sale but never got a response.

Could be my first ZHP...

I am actually in line to buy this ZHP (hence why it was removed), but I'm located in VA and am still in the process of selling my current car to get the funds lined up.

The reason for the head rebuild was the coolant system failure and it overheated while being driven to FL from KS by the previous owner. He has all the parts and repair logs from the rebuild. Friends advised against it as it was not known how hard the car was driven to cause that kind of failure. He said he has babied it for the last 2 years or so he's owned it.

I'm still interested in purchasing the car, but would really love if someone in that area could test drive it before I spend money on the plane tickets...

Sorry guys, took it down because I was planning on taking the car off the market due to the forester I was looking at buying selling. I found another forester that I'm picking up monday so the ZHP is back on the market. I'll reinstate the thread.

Overheating failure on the way back from FL was just a product of the lack of maintenance on the cooling system. It was back luck and an unfortunate expense...however, the car got a new lease on life as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    I am actually in line to buy this ZHP (hence why it was removed), but I'm located in VA and am still in the process of selling my current car to get the funds lined up.

The reason for the head rebuild was the coolant system failure and it overheated while being driven to FL from KS by the previous owner. He has all the parts and repair logs from the rebuild. Friends advised against it as it was not known how hard the car was driven to cause that kind of failure. He said he has babied it for the last 2 years or so he's owned it.

I'm still interested in purchasing the car, but would really love if someone in that area could test drive it before I spend money on the plane tickets...
    For what it's worth, a good friend of mine is that previous owner. He bought it from the original owner in 2011. He was on the way home to KC after buying the car in FL, when the overflow tank sprung a leak. The low-coolant indicator light wasn't working for whatever reason so unfortunately, it overheated. The same mechanic who did all my BMW work when I lived in KC area is the guy who did the repair work to the head on this ZHP. He is very good at what he does. He also re-wired the low-coolant warning.

You don't know me so you can disregard what I'm saying if you'd like, but you have nothing to worry about here. I know Greg too (Scooby) and he is very meticulous and an overall great guy.

Oh yeah, I wasn't worried about it too much as I talked with Greg/scooby quite a bit. The only hurdle in my acquiring the car is selling my Speed3. If someone else purchases it before then I'm sure it will be a great car!

Sent from my HTC 1 using Tapatalk

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Thanks guys and Daniel, don't forget what I mentioned, if you're dedicated to selling your MS3 and confident you can do so for the amount you're looking for, you can always get a loan on the ZHP and simply pay off early when the MS3 sells. I'm showing the car friday and just got another request for the VIN number because someone else is looking into getting it financed through their bank...I'd hate for you to lose the opportunity given the money you invested in the PPI and time spent learning all about the car's history.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
    Thanks guys and Daniel, don't forget what I mentioned, if you're dedicated to selling your MS3 and confident you can do so for the amount you're looking for, you can always get a loan on the ZHP and simply pay off early when the MS3 sells. I'm showing the car friday and just got another request for the VIN number because someone else is looking into getting it financed through their bank...I'd hate for you to lose the opportunity given the money you invested in the PPI and time spent learning all about the car's history.
    I appreciate it! But, I'm definitely at a point where emotionally/financially I would want the car to be mine. I want a clean title transfer to VA, no bs paperwork, no bs banking info, no standing in line at the DMV for 3+ hours over and over again because the bank didn't send the right loan release form, no having to wait a month for plates because of said title issues, etc...and yes, I'm speaking from experience. Rather just have the cash upfront and be set. But, thank you and keep me posted on those other folks, a lot of bs can go down when the banks are involved.. lol

SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast