Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bosal Exhaust Manifolds

Does anyone have experience with these? They seem to have good reviews (when I could find them) I have zero exposure to them and I have been thinking of swapping out the exhaust manifolds so if they are an option they may head to the top of my list due to their price.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/b...275/10247231-P

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

They seem to be more of a replacement instead of a performance modification.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Yup I'm not looking to gain much if anything from them just a general maintenance item. Like the Magnaflow headers these are not legal in Cali I'm unsure why. I just don't know what to expect in the longevity department from them.

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    Yup I'm not looking to gain much if anything from them just a general maintenance item. Like the Magnaflow headers these are not legal in Cali I'm unsure why. I just don't know what to expect in the longevity department from them.
    Are your current cats clogged? I don't see a reason swap them out unless you are having issues...

Not pulling as strong as it used to my assumption is that cats are beginning to become a little clogged. Car is knocking on 110000 so it's not out of the question to consider them as having reduced flow. I am not rushing to make a swap more in the research phase trying to get a grasp on options. Headers would be nice but I'm not willing to deal with the codes etc. Magna flow are nice but very expensive. These seem like a good compromise of price and oem flow. I'm just simply unfamiliar with them.

taptalk + Note 3

Oh, okay. I understand now.

Honestly, I still think that it's worth it for you to try to setup a functional header system. If you are buying these Borla manifolds, it's roughly $330 for each piece, after tax and shipping you are easily over $750 with potentially zero power gains. For that much money you could probably get a muffler shop to set you up with eBay headers and cats, along with all the work. You'd have no CEL with cats, and you'd gain some nice power.

That's what I think.

California has stricter/different emissions rules than the rest of the country. So there are various exhaust products (mostly cats) that are 49-state legal, meaning you can legally use them on a street car in any state except California. In California you could only use them (legally) on a race car or off-road vehicle. I'm not sure if it has to do with the efficiency of the cats or the longetivity of the materials inside. Generally 50-state legal versions cost more than 49-state legal versions.

I'm here to tell you that a restricted cat will KILL Your cars performance. Mine were so clogged that my 04 ZHP 6 speed manual was embarrassed in a race with an e46 323i auto with 300k miles.

My friend has a salvage yard and they sell new parts too, they sell these, but they are not problem free. Some cause issues with the 0420 and 0430 post catalyst efficiency codes right out of the gate.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

interesting. that would suggest that the cats would flow better than stock ones, wouldnt it?

interesting. that would suggest that the cats would flow better than stock ones, wouldnt it?
    No. It means the innards aren't as good at scrubbing the noxious gasses as the OE units. These suckers are filled with expensive metals, and that ain't cheap to produce. Most companies who make cheaper ones skimp on the materials. BMW, from the factory, didn't skimp.

But then again, I am catless so I say go that route.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast