Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have an isimple installed in my car. Haven't had any problems with it. If installed properly, you shouldn't have any audio issues. Plus, it charges your ipod and iphone if you have one.

Fear knocked at the door... faith answered... no one was there.

^+1 I like how it charges at the same time but it definitely doesn't sound the same, or cost the same as the factory AUX input ($~40 from BMW)

I got the Belkin micro-USB car charger to solve that problem

Quote Originally Posted by 808ZHP View Post
    ^+1 I like how it charges at the same time but it definitely doesn't sound the same, or cost the same as the factory AUX input ($~40 from BMW)

I got the Belkin micro-USB car charger to solve that problem
    My set up is very similar. I'm using the Aux input (in the glove box) and the Belkin micro USB charger. I also added the dash mount for my iPod so that I can retain the use of my cup holders. I really like that set up now. Easy and functional and CHEAP to boot!!!

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by 808ZHP View Post
    Actually, the iSimple has better sound quality than the aux input since it uses the digital output from the bottom of the iPod instead of the iPod's headphone jack.

The iSimple is also only $78 if you're willing to DIY the install.

Remember to use the link on our advertisers page if you're going to buy it.

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blan...ins=B001ANXPPS

Old "fat" iSimple is junk, had 5 replaced before losing my patience an replacing HU in my previous 330i. New slim one so far is holding OK, my installer swore by his Gods that they changed the wires to a more malleable one..
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

I 100% stand behind the Dension Gateway 300. Sound quality is top notch, has the most features compared to the other similar units (DICE, iSimple, etc.), and looks completely OEM when installed. Costs a little more but you get what you pay for, IMO (except in the case of the DICE, in which case you probably get crap regardless of what you buy based on all of the threads with neverending problems). If you know where you buy you can get it for quite a bit less than $200.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Crestwood1001 Guest
    Listen, dont pay 179 bucks for shit from best buy, i used to work there and was just laid off and we litterally got that for about 34$. Put your money elseware.

Just because it's profitable for the retailer doesn't mean it's shit. Heck, I'm sure all the iPod adaptors out there are very profitable, regardless of selling retailer as they all contain very few parts.

Yeah. There can be little doubt that a lot of this stuff has huge margins. Best Buy is just one retailer among many that is making good money selling this stuff. I can't isolate Best Buy. They all do it.

so if i have a connection at best buy (which i do) to get it for $34 should i go with it then?

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast