Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Bingo!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

lol.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I got a ding on my 335 yesterday. Parked near no one. I was sitting in the car when it happened. A simple ding but the guy is paying for it. No paint transfer. But this is why I park in the middle of nowhere.

When I get home I will post a pic of one of my spots yesterday.

Dings, by the way, infuriate me. Makes me realize how little respect people have for other people's property.
    That sucks, Boss.

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we cannot overcome the stupidity of others.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Glad I was sitting in the car when it happened. Guy could not deny it. It's rare to catch someone in the act. Was lucky.

It really sucks when you work in a place with thousands of employees in the building at any given time so you would be *lucky* to find a parking spot even out in the boonies if you arrive after 9. AND, the parking spaces are pretty narrow.

Ask me how I know.

It's nearly impossible to avoid a ding there at one point or another.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I always park next to an island or median in the parking lot. Then I pull up next to it as closely as I can, inches from Rim rubbing.. that way i give as much room as possible to the person who will inevitably park next to me. If I have to park beside someone I always avoid older coupes, as they can have very large doors.

And yes, my car is a magnet for others to park right beside it. every time. And yes, i have dings. Unavoidable.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I'm a really particular parker too.

Yesterday I had to go to a big-box store and we too had sustained 30mph winds gusting to 45 or 50. Shopping carts blowing everywhere. As I was returning to my car, a rogue cart came flying across the lot straight at the Subaru next to me (normally I don't park near anyone but there happened to be a huge spot and I knew I would only be in the store for a couple minutes). I made the save on the cart. The way the wind was blowing, it would have bounced off the Sube and hit my rear bumper. Yikes.

Normally I park next to an island, risking curb rash in order to avoid door dings. At least with the curb rash risk it is under my control.

Somehow, despite all my precautions, someone managed to ding the shit out of my driver side wheel well/fender last year. MURDER

Good luck out there fellas, it's a battle in those parking lots.

This is me this morning at the grocery store. Note, I also have a 20 month old baby that i have to carry into the store. I turned around and thought about keith's post, and had to take the pic.... lol

"No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Haha. Looks like a good spot, David.

Way to get the shot.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast