Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Repaint Roof Trim Question

I would like to repaint the roof trim (where the roof racks attach) since is looking pretty bad. I removed the trim piece but noticed that they both have a rubber edge on the sides. Is this ok to paint? Or does one try to remove the rubber and replace it after painting?

After reviewing several threads i was not able to get clarification.

Thanks!

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Remove the rubber.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks for the input. Anyone else do this before?

My roof trims also have issue. The clear coat came off from all of them so they look dull compared to the roof. I'd like to renew the clear coat. How do you remove the trim pieces?

Little late to the party but the trim pieces just pop right off. Start at one side and carefully pry them up. As for removing the rubber, I just taped it off but removing it is probably way easier. One other tip: if you lay the trim pieces across a couple of saw horses or similar they will "flatten" a little and stick up at the front edge when reinstalled. I'd recommend, if you do lay them across something, that you try to balance them in the middle for a little while to bend them back a bit. Did mine over a year ago and they never quite settled back to their original shape.

Thread resurrection...Is the car still driveable with these trim pieces off (e.g. if it were raining would water have an issue draining properly)? I'd like to have mine painted, but would need to drive it while they are off.

2004 Jet Black Sedan

Euro Mirrors, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Tinted Windows, Aluminum Water Pump Pulley, Etc.

I don't think you'll have any issues with water drainage with the pieces removed. They're not water tight so everything should drain normally.

Done today. I bought new ones, so I didn't have to drive without.

2004 Jet Black Sedan

Euro Mirrors, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Tinted Windows, Aluminum Water Pump Pulley, Etc.