Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David's Silber Grau Sedan/Baby Carrier/Daily Driver

Alright. Here is the Story of my silbergrau sedan. I purchased this sedan from my Brother in law. He purchased it at 30k miles from the original owner. In 2 years, he put 80,000 miles on it on the highway. He had a CPO, so he had everything done to it at the dealer. He put beyern mesh rims on the car, and sold the original 135's. While i miss having our stock rims, I cannot complain about his mod. I really like the deep dish rear wheels, and would not trade them for the world.

So i bought the car from my bro in law with 114,000 miles on it in november 09. first thing i had to do was work on the zkw headlights. After weeks of researching, i realized what ZKW was, and why the car had 0 forward light output without the fogs lit. So, first mod was Depo Headlights. this was technically a downgrade, as Depos are Xenon, and I had Bi-xenons, but for me it was a no brainer. i would rather have standard Xenons than no light out put at all. I ordered them from DDM tuning. One of the first things i wanted to do to the car before i decided to purchase it was angel eyes. I was/am in love with the old school late 90's 5 series angel eyes. they are dim and orange colored. when i ordered my depos, i ordered the standard angel eyes that come with them, hoping that would be the color. i also ordered 6,000 kelvin bulbs. standard is 4500-5000, but i wanted just a touch bluer. It came out exactly as I wanted.

Next thing i did was install an isimple ipod connection. It connected to the cd changer output, and i ran it under the carpet to the cupholders. i left about 18 inches to spare so i could keep the ipod in the sunglasses holder. Vodka tonic helps this pic.

Next i had my first CEL light. Lean bank one and two. It was a torn intake boot. I decided to spend an extra $100 on a stett performance intake boot that is silicon, and is not "accordian" like oem. supposedly cleaner airflow. good for 15 hp at least!

I then installed a CF black and white roundel on the hood. Months later, i decided to finish the job and put them on the trunk and the wheel. I also odered matte black grills from Khoalty, removed the 330i from the rear and ordered a specialty plate.

Almost forgot about one of my coolest Mods........this car seat. 20 hp minimum gain!

I recently added a bmw performance air intake. I enjoy the new sound and look. It has also increased gas mileage somewhat. Approx 1mpg city thufar.

Today I put on BMW performance rotors, akebono ceramic euro pads, and did a full brake fluid change. When I say full, I mean we used almost a Liter of fluid that my indy shop said would last for 3 full fluid changes. I painted the front rotors in a low gloss black after seeing one of our members who did the same thing. It was not for show, but because it makes the rotor "dissapear" behind the wheel. I should mention here that I also have new oem blank rear rotors and textar ceramic (oem brand) pads in the rear. I am looking forward to cleaning my rims soon and see how long the new pads take to make them dirty.

Before..........

During.....

Just for fun (my buddies "pickle Porsche").....

after

A few pics of the car

As far as I can remember, that is the story of my car. (this post may be edited in the future due lack of memory......)

Furthering my story, a placeholder for now. Since this post, I have new suspension, and new Vanos with Anti Rattle. Here is a pic of a beautiful engine with 145,000 miles on it. Look closely, no sludge at all!

Last edited by Mtnman; 06-13-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Looking good. Great story...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I love these project threads.

Thanks for writing it up, David.

Even though I knew the story, this was awesome cause of the vodka tonic.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Nice work, David.

I like the idea of that silicon boot. Never knew something like that was available.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Those rotors look hot. I would probably just stare at them if I had em on my car...
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

Get them! they might be still on sale. And the Akebono ceramic euro pads are money so far. Ill do a write up in a week or so once they break in and i know what im talking about. But rotors and pads to my door were less than 250. As Dane would say Jusss Dhhuuu eeeeet!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    Those rotors look hot. I would probably just stare at them if I had em on my car...
    Looks like ECS finally sold outta the fronts.

Turner is sold outta the fronts as well.

REAR
    http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...OEM/ES2137046/

Tischer has them....but don't know if that's for one....or the pair.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...subcat1=166151
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

One day. That's not on my radar right now. It will happen though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast