Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Project SpecZHP

How much would those RR center caps weight :P

True, but they are dope as hell when you see them on the freeway not moving

I've been MIA for the past 6 months. Too much happening. Work, family, travel...

As far as this car goes. It has been trouble free. I've done 6 track days with it. I'm still learning the car. The lack of an LSD requires I adjust my driving style. I do need a new windshield and fog lamps due to road debris. I'll also be buying another set of tire next spring. I blistered the outside edge of the Michelins. Sucks as I was really trying to baby them at a very abrasive track. Oh well. Not sure I stick with the Michelins because this car is being retired from track duty. Or at least it will no longer be my primary track car. Why, you ask? Because I picked up another IR ZHP sedan. It is almost identical to this car. Only difference is the second car has black interior and no cold weather package. Other wise the cars are very similar. Even the mileage. 77k for this car and 72k for the second one.

I'll start a separate thread but the second car will see its first track event next month.

I bought the second car sight unseen. It arrived in Lincoln last weekend. Overall I am very pleased with it. But I still haven't driven it yet. I'm having some minor maintenance things addressed. Plus I need to sell a car. Boss's rules. E36 M3 sedan will be for sale in the coming weeks.

t.

Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    I've been MIA for the past 6 months. Too much happening. Work, family, travel...

As far as this car goes. It has been trouble free. I've done 6 track days with it. I'm still learning the car. The lack of an LSD requires I adjust my driving style. I do need a new windshield and fog lamps due to road debris. I'll also be buying another set of tire next spring. I blistered the outside edge of the Michelins. Sucks as I was really trying to baby them at a very abrasive track. Oh well. Not sure I stick with the Michelins because this car is being retired from track duty. Or at least it will no longer be my primary track car. Why, you ask? Because I picked up another IR ZHP sedan. It is almost identical to this car. Only difference is the second car has black interior and no cold weather package. Other wise the cars are very similar. Even the mileage. 77k for this car and 72k for the second one.

I'll start a separate thread but the second car will see its first track event next month.

I bought the second car sight unseen. It arrived in Lincoln last weekend. Overall I am very pleased with it. But I still haven't driven it yet. I'm having some minor maintenance things addressed. Plus I need to sell a car. Boss's rules. E36 M3 sedan will be for sale in the coming weeks.

t.
    Glad for the update. What exactly did you have to change in your driving style?

Project SpecZHP

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Glad for the update. What exactly did you have to change in your driving style?
    I have to be smoother. Much smoother. More trail braking.

In my M3 it was basically brake (or trail brake), toss the car into corner, apply throttle. Adjust throttle as necessary to rotate car. Depending on the corner, I could completely stay in the throttle and adjust the steering angle. Driving the ZHP like the M3 results in spinning the inside wheel. Looks cool but it is slow.

In my M3 it was basically brake (or trail brake), toss the car into corner, apply throttle. Adjust throttle as necessary to rotate car. Depending on the corner, I could completely stay in the throttle and adjust the steering angle. Driving the ZHP like the M3 results in spinning the inside wheel. Looks cool but it is slow.
    Maybe it's time to add a 3.46 LSD

Our ZHPs love trail braking. I can't get just the right amount of angle/rotation without trail braking. Doing anything else just results in understeer, unfortunately.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345