Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Did you know how well BMW E46's were corner balanced?

While lowering a vehicle creates better stability at high speed, care must be paid attention to how the vehicle is lowered, especially with adjustable heights. When a vehicle is balanced so that every corner has close to the same weight, your handling will stay balanced and predictable. Why do BMWs handle so well? See for yourself when I did a corner weighing of my vehicle a couple winters ago. This is OEM suspension without anyone or any cargo in the car:

Once lowered on adjustables, I recommend getting the vehicle corner balanced to take full advantage of your money and keeping the handling character of a BMW.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Our cars weigh more than 1540 lbs.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had mine corner balanced a little while after the coilovers were installed. It made a huge difference in the handling.

If for nothing else, do it because it will save on tire wear. Tires are not cheap.

Where do you get a car corner balanced?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had a local BMW indie shop that also builds race cars do mine.

http://www.orrautosport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Our cars weigh more than 1540 lbs.....
    Not sure if you were joking but maybe it's 1540 kg? That would be around 3395 pounds.

Not joking....I didn't see the kg...and just wanted to make. Sure I understood what I was looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Not sure if you were joking but maybe it's 1540 kg? That would be around 3395 pounds.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LOL I thought Dane was trying to get a rise out of me again. Haha. I do live in Canadar....so yeah...kilograms. :P If you're really in-tuned with your handling and have noticed a difference after lowering...get your car balanced out and you may feel a big difference. What I find is my rear left is higher than my rear right to keep things balanced.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    LOL I thought Dane was trying to get a rise out of me again. Haha. I do live in Canadar....so yeah...kilograms. :P If you're really in-tuned with your handling and have noticed a difference after lowering...get your car balanced out and you may feel a big difference. What I find is my rear left is higher than my rear right to keep things balanced.
    No rise....I had forgotten you live north....lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I've had mine weighed once before and was very impressed with the fact that it was balanced very well. I'm not sure what the P.O.'s did (perhaps nothing) but it was quite excellent distribution of weight. I have a near 50/50 weight distribution. 3310lbs without passengers, half tank, no spare, empty car.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.