Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Audio Upgrade Options?

Something MUST be DONE!

Half the dam HK speakers are blown and it sounds pathetic.

I was checking this seller out --->http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-Series...7bdb94&vxp=mtr

Anybody have any opinion on this? Also I was reading something about after doing speakers, putting in some sort of LC6i in-line somewhere made a big difference?

What do you guys think? Speakers need replacing anyways so I might as well upgrade a bit. I love my music and love good sound quality. I dabbled a bit in audio in the past but the OEM system in the E46 is nothing like what I used to do which was easy! Swap head unit, install amp, install sub, possibly other speakers, plug and play, done. Not with this car.

I'm trying to stay as OEM and as plug n play as possible. I don't mind a little wiring here and there as long as things look factory and aren't too extensive to install.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Bavsound is pretty awesome from what I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGoon View Post
    Bavsound is pretty awesome from what I've heard
    Ive heard the Stage 1 was a ripoff? Plus they do not include a sub. For all I know, those are shot too! Their kit is $700 right now without sub.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    Ive heard the Stage 1 was a ripoff? Plus they do not include a sub. For all I know, those are shot too! Their kit is $700 right now without sub.
    I would not be able to tell you , but that's what I heard is good, their sub takes up a lot of space too

Mike, the listing you posted is simply a guy who resells the speaker. You can get much more for that money by piecing it together yourself.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Mike, the listing you posted is simply a guy who resells the speaker. You can get much more for that money by piecing it together yourself.
    I think I had a conversation with this guy years back on BF.com and I said, naw. You think BSW is a better option? I know it's pricy but I just don't have the time to do any customization. I just want to throw in some new speakers and improve the sound quality to have some better bass and some better mid range. My Hyundai Tiburon KILLED this E46. I had the stock amp and the infinity system wired with a new head unit and a 10" sub with a separate amp in the trunk. Thing was incredible. This car sounds so flat and wore out.

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    I think I had a conversation with this guy years back on BF.com and I said, naw. You think BSW is a better option? I know it's pricy but I just don't have the time to do any customization. I just want to throw in some new speakers and improve the sound quality to have some better bass and some better mid range. My Hyundai Tiburon KILLED this E46. I had the stock amp and the infinity system wired with a new head unit and a 10" sub with a separate amp in the trunk. Thing was incredible. This car sounds so flat and wore out.
    You might get in contact with Kyle (Static667) or Charlie (cakM3) for more ideas on stereo upgrades for our ZHPs. I agree that the sound in the standard HK setup in our cars is kinda flat, which seems typical of the E36/46 era from what I have heard. I would like to upgrade too, but it is on the back-burner for the time being for me. Nonetheless, what about one of these if you want more bass but don't wish to lose trunk space? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091IBUS...7627425&awdv=c While I have not yet measured it, I believe that it will fit under the passenger seat, and help to add a more balanced, full sound. No, not going to win the sub competition, but not bad given the small space requirements. I have heard one of these installed in a friend's Subie some years ago, and it really did help the lower end. Jury is still out for me on speakers, but check with Kyle/Charlie.

-Brettski

Contact danphines here. He posted a while back with some upgrades and was going to post back with economical options as his schedule permitted. I'm hoping he'll be at the reunion and give us the scoop.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Very interested in hearing about our different options. I think my HK speakers are nearing the end of their life by the distortion I am getting at only moderate volumes. I dont need anything pro level, just want something thats crisp and clear.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

My bavauto stage 1 was awesome. Did it in the M too. If you combine it with a Dynavin or Dynavin knockoff it sounds even better as they've tuned the HU to try to compensate for the muddy amplifying job the stock amp does. Everything is PnP. Add an infinity basslink if you want a good punch to the sub frequency, it'll wire straight into the HU.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast