Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks. I got the same answer this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I had asked the same question and FCP Euro informed me that there was fitment and quality issues on that hose. So they pulled it from the website and only offer the Genuine BMW part currently.
    I really like Rein parts and try to use them as much as possible...the price and quality can't be beat. But I did have an issue with the Rein high pressure steering hose roughly 3 years ago. It just did not fit properly for some reason, even though it was listed as the correct hose. I bought it from FCP and had to return it. Obviously others had the same issue for them to pull it. Maybe Rein will get it straightened out.
    Eric Giles
    '05 330i ZHP Imola Red/Gray Leather 6sp swap
    '05 330i ZHP Titanium Silver/Black Leather
    '87 325is Delphin Gray/Black Leather 5sp plastic bumper swap

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Quote Originally Posted by egiles14 View Post
    I really like Rein parts and try to use them as much as possible...the price and quality can't be beat. But I did have an issue with the Rein high pressure steering hose roughly 3 years ago. It just did not fit properly for some reason, even though it was listed as the correct hose. I bought it from FCP and had to return it. Obviously others had the same issue for them to pull it. Maybe Rein will get it straightened out.
    Bummer - I purchased a power steering kit for the E39 from FCP during the holiday clearance sale that came with Rein hoses. Haven't worked with them yet.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Strange. Maybe Rein had a product revision with this hose? I'm curious to see what happens when I get some age and mileage on this part.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Strange. Maybe Rein had a product revision with this hose? I'm curious to see what happens when I get some age and mileage on this part.
    I bought the Rein part from FCP years ago and it failed after about 15k. At that point they no longer sold the Rein part and replaced with Genuine (how awesome is FCP!).

I think this is the unstated benefit of a lifetime warranty - it is a disincentive to sell crappy low-end parts that won't last because they are on the hook. I would trust the signal and avoid Rein for that particular hose.

Autozone.com
    CRP is ContiTech, Rein, Pentosin.

You will find a lot of the Rein hoses will still have the BMW part number silk screened on them.

The pressure hose is such a high failure item I can't imagine FCP would be successful warrantying anything else other than OE. I have had good luck with Rein Intake and Return hoses (the hoses on the reservoir), but only use BMW for the pressure hose. IF there is any doubt about an aftermarket part quality I would search FCP and if they don't carry it then I probably wouldn't buy it.

The ZF reservoir is the OE part and has the BMW pn# ground off of it.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12