Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mindspin311 View Post
    Anyone in the Atlanta area?
    Run up to the BBQ in VA this weekend! You and your car need some more alone-time anyway. :-D

Ha, that is a bit far.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    2004 Sedan | Imola | Black Leather | Black Cube

Anyone coding in the San Diego area?

Car not for sale, driver negotiable..

This looks like a great OBD II on Iphone scanner option - love to hear some thoughts...

https://www.automatic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by toddness View Post
    This looks like a great OBD II on Iphone scanner option - love to hear some thoughts...

This is an interesting concept. I didn't know there was such a thing as a BT obd2 adapter.
    After searching around a little, I see there are much cheaper versions of basically the same thing minus the app and those specific features Automatic has. I might pick one of these generic adapters up for $10 and this app for $5 and give it a try:

That Automatic app can't show data like engine/coolant temp., etc, right ?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by toddness View Post

Nice that it's BT, but for $40 less, and a bit more bulky and wired, ultragauge can provide detailed real time engine data such as coolant temp, etc (with alarms !) , in addition to what Automatic app/dongle does (minus the crash alert thing, which IS nice), and it doesn't tie up your iphone in anyway, which I personally prefer. And the Ultragauge has a real display, and you don't have to look at your phone screen, which can be left alone for its main intended functions.
    http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Messed around with Torque Pro and a 9$ ebay bluetooth obd2 adapter, very cool gadget for a total of $14:

And this is the track recorder plugin recording a short drive:

Tell me more about the track recorder plug-in?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Tell me more about the track recorder plug-in?
    It's like a combination of the car and phone inputs and a video recording from the phone. It's as customizable as torque itself, so you can put whatever gauges around the screen you want. I don't show it in the video, but there is also the option to have a map overlayed and your gps position shown on the map. I deleted the audio, but it does use the phone's mic to record as well.
    I imagine this would be a really great thing to have when tracking down a specific problem while driving. I could simply record a drive and catch the problem visually with sensor data and share it with anyone as if they were sitting there watching my gauges. You can really see how the coolant temp fluctuates depending on what you're doing!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast