Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have some what good experiences at the parts counter but one thing that is blindingly obvious is the profile tactics used by salesmen and the service writers. If I go in wearing a t shirt and jeans I am glanced over treated as if I have leprosy and basically have to piss on someone's desk to get noticed. If I walk in straight from the clinic wearing the standard pressed slacks and shirt with a tie I am helped nearly immediately.

taptalk + Note 3

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Love my dealer. They know my name and my CCA# and what I drive. They return the favor with freebies like coolant and free nuts and bolts when I need a random one.

BMW of Bel Air and Towson are the best in the area.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

It really depends on the dealership. I have been in BMW dealers that treated me like I shouldn't be there and I also made close friends with 2 british gents that worked at an Aston Martin dealer in Orlando. The fact that they used to work at another dealership where my ex worked and they knew who she was and who I was through the grape vine helped. Talked some good shit about her lol. They let me drive the same car "E" drove in the Entourage series... they had it there for some reason, let me drive a Vanquish, DBs, and a Gallardo. I would come in, drink the free insanely good swiss coffee and capachinos, talk cars, talk watches, talk golf, and drive them from time to time. Played golf with them also every other week.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    I have some what good experiences at the parts counter but one thing that is blindingly obvious is the profile tactics used by salesmen and the service writers. If I go in wearing a t shirt and jeans I am glanced over treated as if I have leprosy and basically have to piss on someone's desk to get noticed. If I walk in straight from the clinic wearing the standard pressed slacks and shirt with a tie I am helped nearly immediately.

taptalk + Note 3
    From experience, this is the opposite of reality in an Aston Martin dealership. The more raggedy a customer looked, the more serious they were about buying a car. Everybody who bought a car there was in shorts and a tee shirt. Then the well dressed guys would come in with a girl, walk around, test drive, act like they have money, and leave in their late model Camry with sports package.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

OK, sounds like i'm not alone...

i typically buy most everything online, but these were some things i just couldn't get online (and shipping to canada from the states would be ridiculous).

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Peter,

My dealer is excellent! They do "cost plus" pricing as opposed to retail minus a discount. Since they began this a couple years ago, I haven't found OE parts cheaper. Give them a shot.

bmwmercedesparts.com
    BMW of Lincoln

t.

Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    Peter,

My dealer is excellent! They do "cost plus" pricing as opposed to retail minus a discount. Since they began this a couple years ago, I haven't found OE parts cheaper. Give them a shot.

bmwmercedesparts.com
    BMW of Lincoln

t.
    +1 BMW Lincoln has fantastic prices on parts. This is where I get 99.9% of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

great tip tkundhi, thanks!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Peter, I'd like to start out by saying that I'm sorry you had to experience this. I have seen both good and bad dealerships, which usually reflect on the GM's attitude and focus. I saw this first hand when I went to BMW of Newport....my first experience was awesome but when the GM changed out, I could clearly see the direction that dealership was going and I didn't like it. Long story short, I ended up severing ties with that dealership because of the prevelant attitude established by the new GM and went over to BMW of Warwick (INSKIP) where the prevelant attitude of the entire staff was professional and welcoming.

I switched dealerships because of a recent experience I had while at INSKIP. The GM there had just gotten the very first F30 335i in Rhode Island. This was his personal car and not a test drive car. As I was talking to one of the salesman working there (BP was with me for this), he pardoned himself to talk to the GM and came back telling me that the GM was okay with me test driving his personal car. Mind you, the GM has not even taken delivery or driven it yet. I was very impressed by this and this is the reason I ended up going to INSKIP when I switched dealers.

After severing ties with BMW of Newport, I went to INSKIP (BMW of Warwick) and asked to speak to the GM so that I could explain to him why he just got a new customer. What he did next really impressed me because he personally took time out of his busy schedule to take me to every department head (Sales, Parts, and Service) and introduced me to them and told them to take good care of me. To this day, my "dealership experience" has been everything I have expected of any BMW dealership. I have been welcomed and treated with courtesy and respect no matter how I looked. Sometimes when going to the parts department I'm wearing soiled jeans from working on my car and the guys/gals working there look at me and smile...we even joke around but they are always willing to help me out.

I'm probably one of those different cases because because I have established a good working relationship since coming to INSKIP, or at least I think I have... fortunately for me I have a few BMW dealerships I can drive to within an hour's drive. I know you don't have that option and I am sorry you don't. I feel finding a good dealership like the one I have found is like a crap shoot....

great story, charlie! i'm sure this was just a fluke. glad you've got a good one!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast