Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PA SOFT: Change the temps on your heated seats

Seats not get warm enough? Maybe they get uncomfortably hot? You can change that with the BMW Scanner and PA soft.

Double click on the SZM from the menu:

Find line 0x30 on the screen that comes up (NOTE: You may need to click "Read EEPROM" to bring up the values):

The six highlighted values are the temperature in Celsius, 3 for the driver seat, 3 for the passenger seat. driver seat low, medium, and high. Passenger seat low medium and high. Get it?

The values do not appear like Celsius numbers because they are hexadecimals. In the picture the values are 26, 29, 2D. In decimal (Celsius) that is 36, 41, and 46 degrees.

You can use this page to covert the values back and forth yourself to get an idea. I found a free app for my iPhone that did the same thing. http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html

I upped the values to 42, 46, and 50 degrees, converted them to hexadecimal, then entered the values into the highlighted values. Once I did that I clicked "Write EEPROM" and it wrote the values into the car. After that, you're done. Test out the seats.
    Last edited by NorCalZman; 04-18-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Epic! Had no idea stuff like this could be modified.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Nice! I like your idea writing the program in front of the title. That will definitely help searching, down the line.

that's awesome!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

This is pretty cool actually. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    This is pretty cool actually. Thanks for sharing
    #iseewhatyoudidthere.

Def thanks for sharing, I'd like to dial down all the settings, "3" is completely useless as it's way too hot for me.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That's cool. I need to increase my values. Of our two cars one is super warm and the other just warm (M3).

Awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast