Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Do the OFHG while you got things apart. I did mine and glad I did, it was hard as a rock!

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

lol, man you guys are really piling it on to me. "oh and another thing! Change the engine too! it'll be RIGHT THERE once you take the radiator out!" :P

Ok I will add the OFHG gasket to my order if I can find the part number.....my PPI mechanic did say it was leaking a little.

Ok, I will do the bumper grill another time. I feel like I am going to have my hands full doing all this as it is.

Oh, another thing I will change since its so easy and Ill be under the hood anyway is the timing chain tensioner. Long thread over on e46fanatics about it getting compressed with age. here is the thread if anyone is interested. You can change it in 10 minutes. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=985489
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

OFHG isn't really "while you are in there" material, though... I don't recall touching anything related to the cooling system when I did mine.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    OFHG isn't really "while you are in there" material, though... I don't recall touching anything related to the cooling system when I did mine.

You are right. It can be done on a different day.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

I just did my entire cooling system at 110K except the radiator. Everything was original and NO leaks anywhere. If I lived in a place that wasn't hotter then Hell I would of probably let it go untill 150K.
    Oh and second that on taking the front bumper off its easy, especially with a buddy helping.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post

This is what happens with the "while you're in there" mindset

Well the intake and intake tubes have to come out to get the lower coolant hose from the expansion tank to the plastic tubing. Maybe he is like, just keep going and move the alternator and PS res. and get at the gasket.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    This is what happens with the "while you're in there" mindset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

I only had to replace the starter

Autozone.com
    I just did this on my 2004 ZHP coupe with MT.
    My first major work on it, besides a fuel pump.
    I used the kit from Bavaian Auto-- I really like those guys.
    My car haas 126k on it, and everything was original.
    I did the whole deal, to include new stewart pump, new pulley, all new tensioners, exp tank, radiator, hoses, etc.
    While you are in there-- I'd go ahead and do it all.
    My wife loves this coupe, and we plan to keep it for 10 years-- so I just wanted to be done with it all.
    I also replaced the power steering resevoir, and I also drained and refilled rear diff, and MT gearbox.
    I purchased the bentley manual, but most of what I needed to see was available online.
    I hope this helps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast