Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The hub is, what it is. My "lip" is only a few mm at most. Spacer size doesn't matter.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You guys are gonna make me jack up my car and check. That 12 mm pic above seems like more than what I remember.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I want to make sure I'm clear. For a 10mm spacer, how big (or small) do you want the protruding hub area to be (w/o buying an extender). BTW, none of this is an issue if you did buy extenders, right? I was confused because on the website, they always call them "front hub extenders" as if they aren't for the rear.
    Hub extenders can only be installed on the front of our cars. We are talking 10mm and larger spacers that are usually hubcentric spacers meaning they have their own hub attached to the spacer. They install over the original hub so the inside of the hubcentric spacer has to be deeper than the original hub so that it sits flush against the brake rotor hat. 10mm spacers are right at the limit and if your brake rotors are any thinner then OEM, like mine are, the original hub would bottom out in the spacer and leave a gap between the spacer and the rotor hat.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Thanks William. So what is the minimum hub length necessary for the best/correct fit for 10mm spacers?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Hub extenders can only be installed on the front of our cars. We are talking 10mm and larger spacers that are usually hubcentric spacers meaning they have their own hub attached to the spacer. They install over the original hub so the inside of the hubcentric spacer has to be deeper than the original hub so that it sits flush against the brake rotor hat. 10mm spacers are right at the limit and if your brake rotors are any thinner then OEM, like mine are, the original hub would bottom out in the spacer and leave a gap between the spacer and the rotor hat.
    Right. This doesn't happen with 10mm spacers though.

If mine sit flush, shouldn't everyone's sit flush?

I guess rotor hat thickness could vary between Rotors though, which would affect this clearance issue.

Samsung Galaxy S5...

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Thanks William. So what is the minimum hub length necessary for the best/correct fit for 10mm spacers?
    It's the MAXIMUM that it is important. H&R states that there 10mm spacers will work with up to 12mm of the original hub extending beyond the brake hat. Mine measures 12.3mm so they would not work with out grinding a little off the end of the hub. This does not mean they won't work on other cars. What Turner was trying to point out is that specifically with the 10mm size you can't just assume they will work as they may not on all cars, mainly because of the varying thicknesses of different brands of rotors.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Ah, got it, thanks!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123