Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheap tires. Anyone here have experience with Federal SS-595 tires?

I read some reviews on a few other car forums & these tires seem to be good as long as you don't push em in the wet or really cold days. I never drive my car in the rain & don't plan to. These tires are looking pretty attractive for their price. I'd be able to have a set of 17s & 18s Also, I hear they run a little bigger so order 1 size smaller?

$69.99 for 245/40-17
    http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...5+92v+bsw.html

$86.05 for 255/35-18
    http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...95+90+bsw.html

Please don't buy cheap tires. Good tires are so worth the money. Realize that these tires will be with you for at least a year and that if they aren't very good you are pretty much stuck with them.
    In the market for an E90 M3

If you must, though, I hear federal is pretty decent for driving, but if you can't push your car that kind of kills the point of even owning a ZHP.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Please don't buy cheap tires. Good tires are so worth the money. Realize that these tires will be with you for at least a year and that if they aren't very good you are pretty much stuck with them.
    +1

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

I would spend a little bit more money on a better tire.

Federal tires are great for burning rubber. Alot of my friends use them on their drift cars.

I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews from so many different cars. Even saw some of our Bimmer guys saying they were better than the Hankook V12 EVO, Toyo Proxes, & Bridgestone Potenza at times. That really seems hard to believe tho. Anyone here actually run these? The price is just so tempting.

I ran these for like a month. They were fine in the dry, tramlined like a little b**ch but that was because I ran 245's up front

IDK about the rain and cold, I would be VERY skeptical of them. For that reason I would not get them again.

Yeah I don't plan to drive this car at all in the cold & wet. I have an F250 for a DD/work & 2 Civics as well for the beaters. What size tires/rims did u run all around? Did u order 1 size smaller than ur usual?

I dont remember, I think it was 245/40/18 on stock zhp front wheels. I bought them like that, personally I would run stock sizes. No need to oversize

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Were the 245 Federals you had a lot bigger than your other 245s? I'm not putting them on the stock ZHP wheels. I want to install them on (2) square sets of wheels I have. 17x8 & 18x9.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast