Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 94 of 143 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

well at least you got one task solved.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    well at least you got one task solved.
    Yeah, at least. I managed to repair the broken pin retainer. I got lucky since it ripped clean off and I was able to use superglue to put it back exactly the way it was before. I let it sit overnight and today installed it. So far so good...

Hopefully I won't have to remove the trim again anytime soon. I've removed the trim dozens of times before but it never gets any easier, especially with fresh new dash inserts (I like to replace whatever comes out with the pins upon removal with new ones). I wish the trim was as easy to insert/remove as the door trims are. Those are rock solid once installed, yet I can still remove them with just my hands.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

It was time for a slight change.

With the advent of the new ZHP Mafia stickers, I have decided that it is a design worthy enough to replace my OG stickers.

Out with the old:

In with the new. I bought some other goodies to keep the ZHP Mafia stickers some company, my badges of honor:

Of course where there is good, there is bad. Courtesy of a Chevy Lumina that apparently has the unique ability to turbocharge rocks at very high psi:

It hit so hard I literally jumped out of my seat for a split second when it hit. Then, as a slap on the face, it rolled onto my hood and stayed there till I rolled it off at a stop light.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It was time for a slight change.

With the advent of the new ZHP Mafia stickers, I have decided that it is a design worthy enough to replace my OG stickers.

Out with the old:

In with the new. I bought some other goodies to keep the ZHP Mafia stickers some company, my badges of honor:

Of course where there is good, there is bad. Courtesy of a Chevy Lumina that apparently has the unique ability to turbocharge rocks at very high psi:

It hit so hard I literally jumped out of my seat for a split second when it hit. Then, as a slap on the face, it rolled onto my hood and stayed there till I rolled it off at a stop light.
    Ouch. I was just talking to the Safelite guy at my neighbor's today. He was saying how many relies he does a day/week from rocks on I-95 here.

He did say that they can get Pilkington and one other brand that is good for BMWs and Audis with RSLs. Didn't discuss prices.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

BP, I don't know whether our cars are jinxed with the same issues!

I was driving out from Ottawa to Toronto today and a rock came and hit my windshield pretty hard and I too got a stupidly big rock chip! Sigh, this is the first time something like this happened since I have owned my car and I was pretty bummed about it. Not sure whether I can get it repaired or have to get a whole new windshield.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    He did say that they can get Pilkington and one other brand that is good for BMWs and Audis with RSLs. Didn't discuss prices.
    I actually looked online and found that I can get Genuine BMW glass with the BMW logo on it for $281 from FCP Euro. They are about 15 minutes from me. I'm going to call insurance and see if my rates will go up if I submit a glass claim. I have zero deductible for glass, so hopefully the rates won't go up if I go that route...
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    BP, I don't know whether our cars are jinxed with the same issues!

I was driving out from Ottawa to Toronto today and a rock came and hit my windshield pretty hard and I too got a stupidly big rock chip! Sigh, this is the first time something like this happened since I have owned my car and I was pretty bummed about it. Not sure whether I can get it repaired or have to get a whole new windshield.
    It's almost as though our cars are connected telepathically, right? lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It looks like my glass replacement will be covered by insurance 100%, and I made sure to specify OE glass. Zero deductible... total win.

I started to do the mirror motor swap today but hit a brick wall.
    Since I've never had the sedan rectangular mirrors (bought the car with M3 mirrors installed [rather poorly installed, I might add]), I wasn't familiar with how the mirror motor ribbon routes inside the mirror. Upon disassembling the mirror assembly I bought on eBay, I found a nightmare of a setup. I had to practically remove various trim bits just to get to the motor, and found that the ribbon routes through metal, so extra care is needed when handling the ribbon cables. On top of that, the ribbon cable routes through a metal cylinder that is too small to fit the connectors through.

It is practically impossible to pull the ribbon cables through this metal opening without taking the connectors off the cables. I don't have a pick tool, so I tried my best with a really small jeweler's screwdriver with the flathead bit attached. I was able to fit it, but was not successful in pushing the pin contacts down so I could release them from the plastic connector. In my frustration, I started to attach the mirror motor back into the housing so it's secure for when I attempt to this again, but found the last screw not to be screwing in properly. It turns out that the ribbon cable extension for the heating function was stuck right under where the screw was trying to screw into, so I ended up damaging the cable. FML...

Charlie offered to help with getting the connectors off, so I drove up to his place tonight. He will also try his hand at repairing the part of the cable that was damaged by the screw. The motor still works, but I have my doubts the heating function will work. Unfortunately I won't find out until winter whether Charlie's attempt at fixing it tomorrow will work. I supposed it's a small price to pay considering a new driver's side mirror motor is $332 at the cheapest dealer I've seen.

After all is said and done, I think I'm going to post up a DIY on how to replace the driver's side mirror motor, since it's not entirely straightforward. I've been taking pics of the process so far, so I'll take some more tomorrow when we get the connectors off.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Congrats on the windshield replacement - I have been looking at a lot of youtube videos on fixing chips and it seems my chip should be easily repairable. I will get it done by a professional.

Good luck on the mirror motor replacement. Its too bad that BMW had to make this design so complicated and all this accomplishes is being able to move a mirror up/down and sideways.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

BP, I MAY have a driver motor laying around. I'll have to double check. It should be brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    BP, I MAY have a driver motor laying around. I'll have to double check. It should be brand new.

wwwwwwhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT??? I am definitely interested. Let me know what you want for it and I will have to put it on the list.
    If we can get this used motor to work with both adjustments and heat, I'll probably be offering it up as a pay it forward item.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 94 of 143 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast