Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 58 of 143 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

Zactly

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Sell trim. Put wood in.

.............that's what she said

Looks great, Botond.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Looks great Botond! Give the silver cube time to marinate with the brown and then decide
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Mmmmm. I like.

...........................................I would go with Black Cube, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    How about some wood to add to the class already present?
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    +1 on both. Congrats on a beautiful update.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    Congrats on the NB interior. I agree is makes the car much lighter.

Go with black. Want pics of IR/NB with black cube?

t.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Looks good, just not sure about the silver either.
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Sell trim. Put wood in.

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    Not just wood, special order light bamboo, that would be killer, and totally unique
    Quote Originally Posted by iZHP View Post
    Looks great, Botond.
    Thanks guys! It seems there are mixed opinions on which trim would go best, but overall the general consensus is that silver isn't ideal. I tend to agree with this. The more I look at it, the more awkward the silver looks next to the brown. That's tough because I reeeeeeeeeeeally like silver cube, and wanted it since I got my car. Also, the silver cube was a gift from my dear friend Charlie so it has value to me. I won't sell the silver cube, even if I decide to swap it out because of this.

I still have most of my black cube trim, so I could just swap it at will. The only piece I'm missing is the passenger dash piece because it was repainted to replace my broken silver cube piece. Anyone have a line on one?

I also have a full set of wood trim that came with the interior purchase, but I'm not a big fan of wood. I still want this car to keep its ZHP identity, and cube trim is a big part of that for me. As nice as birch sounds, that's more reserved for a luxury car with less sporting credentials, IMO. Since NB was an option on ZHPs, it still fits the bill. I will still install some pieces later this week and see if I like it. Who knows... I've got a couple of people that want to buy the set already so that's a more likely route.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    .............that's what she said
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

+1 on going black. Too much color

What's the back story on the NB interior ?
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    +1 on going black. Too much color

What's the back story on the NB interior ?
    Back story:
    Bought my car with alcantara, because that's what I wanted. Natural Brown really hadn't struck me yet. In fact, the first ZHP I test drove was Imola on Natural Brown, with navigation and pretty much all the cool options. I wasn't all that familiar with E46 optioning yet, so thinking I could easily just get another one just like it, I kept looking. I didn't realize how rare NB on Imola was. I didn't buy that one because the guy couldn't even answer the question "At what interval do you do oil changes?", and the car had higher mileage than I wanted (over 90k), didn't have the stock wheels, and obviously wasn't as taken care of as it should've been. The seller didn't give me the warm and fuzzies about the car.

I bought my car very shortly afterwards. Then I started seeing all the options that E46's had and started to drool over this interior, kicking myself for not buying the first one. I'm kind of glad I didn't buy that one, because my car has been trouble free. The only issues I've had with it were my fault entirely.
    I've been trying to get this interior since the year I bought it, 2010. Over the years I've attempted to trade with numerous people, most of them saying no. A couple have entertained the idea, and then they changed their minds (not surprisingly). I've even gone as far as considering buying Bill's rear seats and door cards he was selling and then trying to find the front sport seats separately, but I knew it was too much of a risk. Finally, Derek posted up this interior for sale on here almost 2 months ago and had to jump on it immediately. I didn't even think about it, I just jumped. I made it work, despite some struggles, but it's here now and that's all that matters.

I love the uniqueness and rarity of this color combo. It's one of those insanely rare color combos that people just don't order, probably because of resale value and they want to be "safe" when ordering their car. Most people get silver, black, or grey cars with black or grey interiors. Me? No, I like the stuff that most people don't get, either due to price or it not being as "safe".

In this case, I think most people didn't get Imola on Natural Brown because let's face it; the Performance Package was expensive enough. To add the Premium Package to that is rarity. Plus, cloth on alcantara is just plain COOL! Most people are probably content with that. I love my cloth/alcantara interior, but I stress way too much over wearing the alcantara bolsters (worrying about wearing the alcantara is why I had to quickly sell my alcantara wheel shortly after getting it). I entered and exited my car in the most contorted ways trying not to rub the alcantara bolsters. I still do it with the leather, but it's a lot easier because I can just slide in and out instead of having to worry about "pushing" myself in due to the grippy cloth.

Only time will tell how these will hold up on the track, but I have convinced myself that it's a moot point because I plan on buying myself a harness to use for track days. With the harness, I'm not sliding anywhere!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Gotcha! It's definitely a great color. It looks great against any exterior! Personally I prefer the soberness of the Alcantara interior, but to each his own of course. Selling your alcantara interior should be very easy and you should recoup most of your investment in the NB. You must feel like you're driving a new car... None of this ///M transition that everyone is doing
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Gotcha! It's definitely a great color. It looks great against any exterior! Personally I prefer the soberness of the Alcantara interior, but to each his own of course. Selling your alcantara interior should be very easy and you should recoup most of your investment in the NB. You must feel like you're driving a new car... None of this ///M transition that everyone is doing
    Oh I'll definitely have an M3... but it will be in the form of an F80.
    Until I get that F80, my ZHP is staying. I say about 10 years.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Oh I'll definitely have an M3... but it will be in the form of an F80.
    Until I get that F80, my ZHP is staying. I say about 10 years.
    +1

Except mine will be an E9x...that MONSTER GROWL of the high-revving naturally aspirated V8...

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I was going to ask if you still had your black cube trim, to just swap back if you felt like it. It's good to have the ability to switch back and fourth though!

Page 58 of 143 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast