Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 61 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

BP - love the interior swap. Were you able to sell your alcantara/cloth seats? I would love to swap out my sand interior for a coupe black/alcantara, but it's just too big a job for me to begin.

Also, I say keep the silver trim. I think it's a nice contrast and not a clash of colors. To me the cubes give a quintessentially ZHP identity, and according to math theorems, statistics and schematics, silver cubes are better than black cubes.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Yes. Before, I would actually push my left foot into the dead pedal so my body would be pushed against the seat more during cornering without the harness.
    Yeah, I ended up breaking one doing that... that has scarred me mentally for life. I barely even want to rest my foot on it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    BP - love the interior swap. Were you able to sell your alcantara/cloth seats? I would love to swap out my sand interior for a coupe black/alcantara, but it's just too big a job for me to begin.
    Swapping the interior out really isn't bad at all. If you find a suitable interior, I can help!
    I haven't sold or even listed mine yet. I'm still giving the NB some time to "make itself at home". I have to fix the creak, and figure out why the seat is a little bit higher, before I can sell the alcantara interior. Any takers for it before I list it?

Also, I say keep the silver trim. I think it's a nice contrast and not a clash of colors. To me the cubes give a quintessentially ZHP identity, and according to math theorems, statistics and schematics, silver cubes are better than black cubes.
    While I agree with you that cubes are a must on a ZHP, I'd have to say that whether silver or black is better entirely depends on what interior you have. I'd never ever, ever, ever have silver cubes on a grey or beige interior, but wouldn't consider anything else on a black or alcantara interior. Natural Brown seems to be the only interior for E46 sedans that I can't put my finger on in terms of best trim color!

Ideally I'd like to have shadow cube for this interior, which is what I was originally going for when refinishing my silver. It just so happens the silver cube turned out to be actual silver instead of a darker shade like the can suggested!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

If you had the entire coupe alcantara, I'd probably be a buyer.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    If you had the entire coupe alcantara, I'd probably be a buyer.
    Sorry.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

This rear seat creak is driving me up a wall.
    I got home today and took a look at it. I simply cannot find the reason why it is creaking. Options are: 1) plastic that is just in front of the rear deck and what the seats rest on, 2) latch(es)

The problem lies with neither of those items. The plastic is nice and snug and doesn't creak when I tap all over it. Also, the passenger-side rear seat back does not rattle, and it sits perfectly snug against the plastic with no gap when viewed from the top. The driver's side, however, creaks when it is upright locked into position, mainly from the middle headrest area. If I push down on it, it creaks very loudly, and can guarantee that is where the creaking is occuring. It does not creak when I push down on that piece from the bolster side. Also, when it's up and locked into place, there is a noticeable gap between the seat and the plastic it's supposed to rest on, enough of a gap that would otherwise make me think that it's not latching properly. This is not the case, as I am unable to fold the seat down when it's like this and it does not move at all when I try to move the seat back and forth, so it is definitely latched properly.

I know it's not the latch because my previous seat back did not creak at all. This also rules out the plastic.

What am I left with???????

One potential solution mentioned on an M3 forum is to put tape around the latch catch on the seat back. I did this to no avail. If anything, it creaks just as loud and is even harder to pull the seat down to fold it.

It most definitely is not the rear deck. That stays silent when I push down on it at various points.

There is no creak when the driver's side rear seat is folded down.

Any suggestions??? This is driving me crazy!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Have you had someone sit back there while you drive (or vice verse)?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

What about removing that headrest and seeing if it goes away?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Have you had someone sit back there while you drive (or vice verse)?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.
    No need. I know exactly where it was coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by iZHP View Post
    What about removing that headrest and seeing if it goes away?
    It's funny you say that. I texted my BMW tech friend a while ago asking him about this and the first thing he said was remove the headrest and go for a drive. I just came back from that drive not too long ago... the creaking was gone! After I reinstalled the headrest and went for the same drive, the sound hasn't returned. I'm hoping it holds up. We'll see tomorrow on my 1+ hour drive to and from work and see if it comes back, as that's when it was creaking constantly.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Lol that's funny. I hope it stays gone! Maybe the headrest just wasn't seated right in the tracks

Quote Originally Posted by iZHP View Post
    Lol that's funny. I hope it stays gone! Maybe the headrest just wasn't seated right in the tracks
    Dunno. I never would have imagined a headrest to cause that kind of creaking though. For some reason in my head, I keep telling myself "it's too good to be true, just watch it come back tomorrow". I sure hope I'm wrong.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 61 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast