Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 1,381 to 1,386 of 1386

Thread: Wobz

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It seems the stars have aligned for something I didn't really have planned for a while. A buddy of mine does upholstery work and offered to do my headliner for me. So, that is what we did on Sunday...

    My headliner was in pretty bad shape. It started sagging maybe a year or two ago, but in a very minor way. Then, this summer, it took a turn for the worse and got really bad. My A, B, and C pillars were screwed a long time ago, so the material was ripped off those. The headliner was the last straw though; it's rather embarrassing to drive around with the windows down and have this thing flapping around in the wind.

    We used suede (alcantara, same thing) as its cost wasn't much more than standard black material. I traded a pair of coupe LED tails for the labor, so everyone would up happy.



    This is how it looked before:

    No material left





    The B pillars actually looked pretty good with no material on 'em...





    The C's, not so much.





    And the main attraction... I threw up a little looking at this pic.





    Probably the only view I'll get with the headliner out until somehow I start ballin', can get a better daily and weekend car, and turn this into a track weapon. Maybe one decade.







    And there it is. Installed, ready to go... almost.







    One thing I wasn't expecting was that he didn't make the cutout for the airbag cover. He said he isn't able to cover the airbag strip, and also mentioned that the pillar stays in place just fine without the torx bolts. I'm not totally happy about this arrangement, but he mentioned that if I want to get the strips back in that he'll make a cutout for them and he'll "flock" the strips so there'll be a material that closely matches in color on there. I haven't decided how I feel about this yet...





    B's and C's came out great as well!







    Still to do: reinstall the moonroof shade. I couldn't reinstall it because I lost one of those springy clips on one side, so I have to order a replacement.
    Man this looks incredible, he does this professionally?

    Iím from Long Island but I got in contact with an upholstery shop from the Bronx that has a good reputation and got quoted 580$ for basically everything. Itís a catch 22 since I have to remove/reinstall everything myself lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,560
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Man this looks incredible, he does this professionally?

    Iím from Long Island but I got in contact with an upholstery shop from the Bronx that has a good reputation and got quoted 580$ for basically everything. Itís a catch 22 since I have to remove/reinstall everything myself lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He does work at an upholstery shop for his day job but he does a lot of custom car modding stuff on the side. His shop is in Norwalk, CT. Want me to ask him if he'll do your headliner and a quote?

    He helped me disassemble and reassemble mine.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    He does work at an upholstery shop for his day job but he does a lot of custom car modding stuff on the side. His shop is in Norwalk, CT. Want me to ask him if he'll do your headliner and a quote?

    He helped me disassemble and reassemble mine.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah absolutely, I have family in Port Chester so if anything it would be a short trip back and forth. I donít mind taking it all apart myself if it means Iíll save some money in the end


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,560
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Yeah absolutely, I have family in Port Chester so if anything it would be a short trip back and forth. I don’t mind taking it all apart myself if it means I’ll save some money in the end


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alright, I'll ask him for a quote. Questions he asked me:
    Sedan? And you want the quote as if you're bringing him the headliner (he doesn't have to pull it)?
    What material, standard black material or suede? Do you want the pillars done as well? I assume you also want the moonroof shade?
    Was that $580 you were quoted the "I'll pull it and bring it to you" price or was that including them removing/reinstalling it?


    Side note: Today is my ninth anniversary of purchasing my ZHP.
    Purchased August 26, 2010 with 75,963 miles
    Today, August 26, 2019: 324,533 miles
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Alright, I'll ask him for a quote. Questions he asked me:
    Sedan? And you want the quote as if you're bringing him the headliner (he doesn't have to pull it)?
    What material, standard black material or suede? Do you want the pillars done as well? I assume you also want the moonroof shade?
    Was that $580 you were quoted the "I'll pull it and bring it to you" price or was that including them removing/reinstalling it?


    Side note: Today is my ninth anniversary of purchasing my ZHP.
    Purchased August 26, 2010 with 75,963 miles
    Today, August 26, 2019: 324,533 miles
    Yes sedan & yes Iíll remove everything my self
    Black Alcantara, & yes all the pillars as well & the sun visors were included in that price.

    I was told the sun visors alone would fetch 100$/visor since there super intricate.

    So he said Headliner+all pillars & sunroof shade I guess 375$
    + 200$ for the visors
    = 575$

    He said if I remove it all he can potentially do it for less as long as I give him a heads up, Iím unsure sure why that means I can get a better price but Iím not questioning it lol

    Thatís absolutely incredible, I just told my brothers your mileage and my group chat is exploding lmao congratulations. I have 0 intentions of ever selling mine either. That mileage is insane. I need to make it out to a Mafia reunion to put some more (s)Miles on mine lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,560
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    So he said Headliner+all pillars & sunroof shade I guess 375$
    + 200$ for the visors
    = 575$
    That is really cheap labor (~$380). My buddy says they can't do it that cheap.
    He also has no idea how they're able to do the visors, since he said they're "vacuum" something-or-other... sealed? I dunno. Trying to remember what he told me when I asked him about it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •