Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

Could just roll stock like the rest of us. BMW brakes are pretty good.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Could just roll stock like the rest of us. BMW brakes are pretty good.
    They're fine...
    ... for street driving.

I will be doing better tracks next year that are more intensive on braking, so my OEM brakes as-is won't cut it. I'd rather "go big or go home" in this department; I know myself well enough that I'm not going to stop thinking about this 'till I get it. This kit would help me with the brake fade issue I'm having. Plus, it looks sexy as hell to have 6 pots staring you down if you dare lower your head to its level, but since I'm doing this for performance, the ugly yellow color doesn't bother me one bit. Function over form.

Plus, the price is unbeatable. You can't get a big brake kit for this kind of money. Everything else is at least 75% more $$. I'd rather just get all the components than pick and choose from a few to go with a stock braking setup.

In my eyes, this is actually better value for money than any of the "BMW Performance" parts. What's the strut tower, intake, exhaust, and shift knob going to do for you that cheaper components won't? Yeah, they look a little better than everything else, but that's pretty much it. This particular component is actually excellent value in a sense that all other kits are near $2k or more, for pretty much the same performance, and this actually is a performance part that does something as opposed to just being eye candy.

The way I see it is that I'd rather get this excellently priced set now while I still can before it goes out of production, because then it'll be even more money to get what I was going to get at some point anyway.

I do give credit to the BMW stock brakes; they have great performance for spirited driving and light track usage. I just don't want to skimp on brakes after a couple of close calls I had with cars braking in front of me. They had better brakes, so of course they were slowly getting closer and closer as I lay on the ABS... I'll just have to get some debts paid off first before I get it.

Besides, this opens the door for other things, like an S54 or forced induction.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    They're fine...
    ... for street driving.
    I thought you drove on the street (asphalt). Or do you track in the dirt? Like a dirt track. Wow...no wonder you need the really, really good tires.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

BAH so your "loud" clue was color and not sound?

That one really threw me.

Where are these things selling?

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post

www.ecstuning.com

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I thought you drove on the street (asphalt). Or do you track in the dirt? Like a dirt track. Wow...no wonder you need the really, really good tires.
    You know what I mean, DW.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post

Correct. Colors can be loud, too.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Say....I had to work late....till 2130. You still want a call?

I just don't want to skimp on brakes after a couple of close calls I had with cars braking in front of me. They had better brakes, so of course they were slowly getting closer and closer as I lay on the ABS
    If your ABS is activating wouldn't you need to update your tires and not your brakes? The brakes are giving enough stopping power if you can cause the ABS to engage, you just aren't getting enough friction from your tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Paul View Post
    If your ABS is activating wouldn't you need to update your tires and not your brakes? The brakes are giving enough stopping power if you can cause the ABS to engage, you just aren't getting enough friction from your tires.

Definitely not a loss of traction at that point. I would just like to have better control over my brakes. Threshold braking is more effective than ABS braking, and I want the better control of a big brake setup to be able to modulate my brakes right at the limit before ABS kicks in so I could get an overall stopping distance. I also benefit from this by getting more practice with threshold braking; I've having a hard time doing that with my existing brakes and don't want to spend money on the current setup if I'm just going to upgrade the whole thing down the line anyway.

Other "wins" from it are pedal modulation and fade resistance.

And as I said, I want this kit now while I can still get it, because plans are brewing in my head for more power down the road.

Buying this kit is the same justification as everything else people buy for their cars; suspension, exhausts, power mods; it's just "better".
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I think from way you're talking that you're beyond wanting/needing ABS on the track. That is probably step one to clear out any interference between you and how well the brakes are working for you.

Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast