Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1427

Thread: Wobz

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i was referring to coding the halogen high beams to come on with the bi-xenon high beams.
    Ah, ok. Get to it! 😀
    If my bowls weren't yellow, I'd have some crazy bright inner highs since those are also LED. The yellow bowls dumb down the output, unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Nice writeup BP.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Extremely impressive work, BP! And thanks for detailing everything so well for the rest of us.

I am scared to see how the wiring inside my ZKW would look like at this point - yikes! I do have a spare ZKW housing, maybe I can steal some of its wiring and replace my headlight's wiring.

Also, nice to see Wobz inside the garage of your new place

EDIT: BP, do you think one can use the H7 Morimoto 2stroke LED bulbs for our high beams? They are rated at 5000 lumens - much higher than my current Osram Rallye 65W rated at 2100 lumen. Link: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...o-2stroke.html

Some data crunching for you guys:

Morimoto 2-strokes are rated at 5000 lumens at 34W.

They use 2x CREE XHP50 LEDs per bulb.
    Each of these LEDs are rated at 2546 lm max at 19W or 149lum/W.

At the operating 34W power, that is roughly 5066 raw lumens from each bulb.

This is pure raw lumens from the LEDs before optic losses from the projector.

Datasheet:
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/p...ys/xlamp-xhp50

Background:
    I purchased these bulbs for my Civic because I didn't want halogen bulbs or paying for OE Honda LED lights (At least for now, since its $1000 for the setup). I told BP about these bulbs and he had the bright idea to replace his bulbs as well. I gave him an semi-generic review of these bulbs in my civic projectors because I hadn't had a chance to drive it at night since 9pm is still bright! I told him foreground was great, color was matching my DRLs at 6000k and the mid-range was decent.

As per BP's review, these LED bulbs are wonderful but with a caveat. Presently, HID systems will have longer and wider throw than LED bulbs. The foreground is very bright and develops a hotspot in relation to the long distance throw we are accustomed to with HIDs.

Kudos to BP for trying it out!

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Nice writeup BP.

Some data crunching for you guys:

Morimoto 2-strokes are rated at 5000 lumens at 34W.

They use 2x CREE XHP50 LEDs per bulb.
    Each of these LEDs are rated at 2546 lm max at 19W or 149lum/W.

At the operating 34W power, that is roughly 5066 raw lumens from each bulb.

This is pure raw lumens from the LEDs before optic losses from the projector.

Datasheet:
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/p...ys/xlamp-xhp50
    That is awesome. I plan to throw them in my flash-to-pass/high-beams, replacing the existing halogen H7s.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Thanks for trying these out first, Derek! I've been wanting to buy these bulbs for a while but was scared to. Then you finally got 'em and that pushed me over the edge.

That is awesome. I plan to throw them in my flash-to-pass/high-beams, replacing the existing halogen H7s.
    Just remember; not all LED bulbs are created equal. My high beam LED bulbs are kind of 'meh' with regards to placement inside the housing. The chips are facing odd angles, so light doesn't reflect properly. I have the Weisslicht Illustro Flex LED bulbs from Bimmian (which are severely overpriced, BTW).

You should be fine if you get the Morimotos. Their chip placement seems to be spot on!

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I have the Weisslicht Illustro Flex LED bulbs from Bimmian (which are severely overpriced, BTW).

You should be fine if you get the Morimotos. Their chip placement seems to be spot on!

Arent the Weisslict Flex LEDs priced at around $165 CAD for the pair? Almost the same as what the Morimotos are priced at ($120 USD for the pair).
    https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...ght-Bulb/#tabs

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...o-2stroke.html
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Arent the Weisslict Flex LEDs priced at around $165 CAD for the pair? Almost the same as what the Morimotos are priced at ($120 USD for the pair).
    Yes, that sounds about right. The thing is, you can have the same bulbs on eBay (called something else, of course) for half that.
    The Mori's are a better buy.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...ght-Bulb/#tabs

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...o-2stroke.html
    Yes, that sounds about right. The thing is, you can have the same bulbs on eBay (called something else, of course) for half that.
    The Mori's are a better buy.

The Morimotos run the CREE XHP50 LED which is in fact at least double in brightness.

The Bimmians I believe are XLM2.
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/p...te/xlamp-xm-l2

The WiessLicht model is fanless, and has nice heatsink fan belts that makes it quieter (but i mean an engine is louder...).

As a low beam replacement, the Morimoto is a much better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    The WiessLicht model is fanless, and has nice heatsink fan belts that makes it quieter (but i mean an engine is louder...).
    In all honesty, once the hood is closed, you'd be hard pressed to hear it even with just the ignition on (motor not running). You wouldn't notice it unless you were listening for it. With the motor running, it's as silent as anything else since the motor drowns it out.

Regarding the fan itself, I actually don't even care that the Morimoto has one. I didn't want to buy bulbs with fans due to the potential failure of the fan, but the Mori's use bearing-less fans. I'm not sure how it works, but I know that usually when fans go, it's the bearings. No bearings sound great to me!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

In all honesty, once the hood is closed, you'd be hard pressed to hear it even with just the ignition on (motor not running). You wouldn't notice it unless you were listening for it. With the motor running, it's as silent as anything else since the motor drowns it out.

Regarding the fan itself, I actually don't even care that the Morimoto has one. I didn't want to buy bulbs with fans due to the potential failure of the fan, but the Mori's use bearing-less fans. I'm not sure how it works, but I know that usually when fans go, it's the bearings. No bearings sound great to me!

Totally agree on all levels. With an raw output that is double the weisslicht, these morimotos are very nice.

Found a distant relative of Wobbie lurking around in my neighborhood

anandoc

Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast