Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 135 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1427

Thread: Wobz

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That means the only way to install them is to take your mirror motor out and move the connectors for the heating to the other side of the housing. That poses the problem of the connectors bending when re-assembling because there is no cutout in the housing for the connectors on that side.
    I have tried this and your assumption is correct. The mirror housing does not have enough clearance for the connectors to be plugged in to the heating element connectors if you move them to the other side (closer to the door).
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Not a whole lot of updates at the moment, but I plan on doing some DIY things to make the car a bit better. Since I can't spend a ton of money now, I'm going to try to ramp up the DIY projects a little.

Of course the first couple of updates involved spending a ton of money...

The first update is that I switched from the Morimoto 2Stroke LED bulbs back to Xenon bulbs, Osram Xenarc 66240 CBB (Cool Blue Boost). I was okay with the light output from the Morimoto 2Strokes, even though they don't throw light quite as far as Xenons, but the reason for switching was really because of the failure of both bulbs. One failed a few months ago, which I got replaced, and the second one failed not that long ago. I got warranty replacements for both, which Retrofit Source says is a new design that isn't as prone to failing as the original ones I had. Still, by then I had tabled them and purchased Osram CBB's to replace them, so I reinstalled my ignitors in my headlight housings to do that.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed in the color temperature of the CBB's. They have excellent light output and are very bright, but the color temp is closer to 5000-ish K. The box advertises 7000k, which we all know Osram does that as a marketing ploy. In reality the color is supposed to be somewhere in the 5500k-6000k range, but these don't appear to be. There's a touch too much yellow in them to qualify for that color temp. It's tough to see in the pics, as the pics clearly show 6000k, but in reality it's warmer than that.

At the price I paid, I'm unlikely to switch to something else, as these were very expensive and the light output really is excellent, so I can't really complain too much about it.

Another thing I ordered is a pair of Ultimate Cup Holders. Since swapping in my euro tray (as I needed the storage), I've struggled with transporting beverages. When I would have a need to transport a beverage, I would remove the stock cupholder that I stored in my glovebox and put it on the seat, placing the beverage in there. That would mean I'd have to drive very carefully as to not tip the beverage over. This got old, so I'm hoping these Ultimate Cupholders gets the job done.

Stock photo from their website:

Their website:
    https://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

In preparation for my big 300k rollover, I swapped back in the US cluster face reading in mph so that I could have the big '300 properly photographed. So close (taken a few days ago)...

Currently at 299,400+. I drove a lot the past few days.

Name:  IMG_20180524_185453.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  235.9 KB

Don't worry, I cleaned the interior today so it's no longer as full of pollen.

Other things I plan on doing myself cheaply in the near future:
    • Respray bumper grille
    • Respray bumper and door trims
    • Either debadge or replace gloss black 330i embled on bootlid
    • Find a place to mount my hotspot that I keep in the car
    • Rip off remaining pillar fabric from whatever pillars still have it attached
    • Convert all interior and license plate lights to an off-white type of LED bulb that's closest to stock color, if I can find such a thing
    • Put the euro instrument cluster faceplate back on once I roll 300k
    Last edited by az3579; 05-28-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Nice BP, but your pics don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Thanks for nothing, Google Photos.
    I'll fix it later I guess. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by az3579; 05-28-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

And here I was hoping for an oil top off update but this is even better
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Pics in my previous post have been fixed. Wish the photo sites would get their crap together; Flickr is best quality but has a terrible app and website. Google Photos has an excellent website and great unlimited photo storage for phone backups but nonexistent forum sharing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    And here I was hoping for an oil top off update but this is even better
    Nah, bruh... that's for the maintenance thread. This thread is only for modifications and upgrades.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I just use imgur for the sake of simplicity.

Page 135 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast