Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1427

Thread: Wobz

Wobz

I have driven in the night on the interstate for four hours with the F10 LCI that has full LED headlights. After all that time of driving I still feel my HIDs with CBI bulbs and HID fogs are much less exhausting mentally to process what my eyes see on the road.

BMW LED headlights seem to be a tad more cooler than my CBIs with less intensity. The LED fogs are pretty well just for looks and bragging rights. They’re great compared to most halogen and LED setups that I’ve passed on the interstate but HID still takes the candle for being able to see and allowing the brain to easily work out what you’re seeing without straining.

Normally I could make that 6 hour night drive easily but with the F10 is was a bit more challenging so someone else took over the driving after my four hour endurance. I hope laser technology will be seen as an asset to the TSB and not a liability. LED is just about getting there but not enough compared to proper aftermarket HID.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Damn, I can't believe I haven't updated this thread in almost a YEAR. Not a lot has changed but do have some honorable mentions during this time. So, here goes!

Back in October 2018, about a week or so after my last update here, I installed a newly wrapped steering wheel. I know, I know; I've gone through 3 steering wheel changeouts now, but having a new looking steering wheel is a serious thing of mine. I don't like slimy steering wheels and after a while it gets very difficult to avoid it happening on a weekly basis despite regular cleaning.

To help alleviate this feeling, I went with a smooth Napa leather wrap this time from a well known guy called 'tainik' on eBay. He does seriously nice looking wraps, and mine is no exception. It has a very nice tri-color stitch as well.

OCsIbEx by botond.pal, on Flickr

zsEsKde by botond.pal, on Flickr

kykhY1U by botond.pal, on Flickr

lCFNZvF by botond.pal, on Flickr

ZGsx2sN by botond.pal, on Flickr

For some unexplained reason, I felt motivated to refinish the top of my washer reservoir while it was out for a part replacement, so... That's that.

PR6ymLl by botond.pal, on Flickr

OBiCjTX by botond.pal, on Flickr

That's pretty much it for now. The rest were maintenance items, which goes in the other thread. I've also done things to the touring in this timeframe, so things have been quiet on the ZHP front. I desperately need to do something about this engine though. Sigh

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by az3579; 03-28-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Good job on the washer reservoir. What did you use ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Good job on the washer reservoir. What did you use ?
    Don't remember; it was around 8 months ago. Some kind of trim paint.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Don't remember; it was around 8 months ago. Some kind of trim paint.

It does look good! May hv to do that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

It seems the stars have aligned for something I didn't really have planned for a while. A buddy of mine does upholstery work and offered to do my headliner for me. So, that is what we did on Sunday...

My headliner was in pretty bad shape. It started sagging maybe a year or two ago, but in a very minor way. Then, this summer, it took a turn for the worse and got really bad. My A, B, and C pillars were screwed a long time ago, so the material was ripped off those. The headliner was the last straw though; it's rather embarrassing to drive around with the windows down and have this thing flapping around in the wind.

We used suede (alcantara, same thing) as its cost wasn't much more than standard black material. I traded a pair of coupe LED tails for the labor, so everyone would up happy.

This is how it looked before:

No material left

zNCzBRy by botond.pal, on Flickr

The B pillars actually looked pretty good with no material on 'em...

WJ2iEMw by botond.pal, on Flickr

The C's, not so much.

VU0VPo2 by botond.pal, on Flickr

And the main attraction... I threw up a little looking at this pic.

S7KDbqA by botond.pal, on Flickr

Probably the only view I'll get with the headliner out until somehow I start ballin', can get a better daily and weekend car, and turn this into a track weapon. Maybe one decade.

nQ53zpw by botond.pal, on Flickr

LbvOdI3 by botond.pal, on Flickr

And there it is. Installed, ready to go... almost.

7vGC2RJ by botond.pal, on Flickr

DoKEBKH by botond.pal, on Flickr

One thing I wasn't expecting was that he didn't make the cutout for the airbag cover. He said he isn't able to cover the airbag strip, and also mentioned that the pillar stays in place just fine without the torx bolts. I'm not totally happy about this arrangement, but he mentioned that if I want to get the strips back in that he'll make a cutout for them and he'll "flock" the strips so there'll be a material that closely matches in color on there. I haven't decided how I feel about this yet...

wVAEy4r by botond.pal, on Flickr

B's and C's came out great!

PolL7e3 by botond.pal, on Flickr

7EybGtJ by botond.pal, on Flickr

Still to do: reinstall the moonroof shade. I couldn't reinstall it because I lost one of those springy clips on one side, so I have to order a replacement.
    Last edited by az3579; 03-28-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Def looks grt!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nice! It should be such a great feeling with sagging free headliner and beautiful suede.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Nice! It should be such a great feeling with sagging free headliner and beautiful suede.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's embarrassing to me to have my car looking like it's not taken care of. Being dirty all the time is one thing, but a sagging headliner or my busted trunk light not lighting up hurt my pride a bit. Unfortunately the tail light not lighting up properly is going to take some work to diagnose.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It seems the stars have aligned for something I didn't really have planned for a while. A buddy of mine does upholstery work and offered to do my headliner for me. So, that is what we did on Sunday...

My headliner was in pretty bad shape. It started sagging maybe a year or two ago, but in a very minor way. Then, this summer, it took a turn for the worse and got really bad. My A, B, and C pillars were screwed a long time ago, so the material was ripped off those. The headliner was the last straw though; it's rather embarrassing to drive around with the windows down and have this thing flapping around in the wind.

We used suede (alcantara, same thing) as its cost wasn't much more than standard black material. I traded a pair of coupe LED tails for the labor, so everyone would up happy.

This is how it looked before:

No material left

The B pillars actually looked pretty good with no material on 'em...

The C's, not so much.

And the main attraction... I threw up a little looking at this pic.

Probably the only view I'll get with the headliner out until somehow I start ballin', can get a better daily and weekend car, and turn this into a track weapon. Maybe one decade.

And there it is. Installed, ready to go... almost.

One thing I wasn't expecting was that he didn't make the cutout for the airbag cover. He said he isn't able to cover the airbag strip, and also mentioned that the pillar stays in place just fine without the torx bolts. I'm not totally happy about this arrangement, but he mentioned that if I want to get the strips back in that he'll make a cutout for them and he'll "flock" the strips so there'll be a material that closely matches in color on there. I haven't decided how I feel about this yet...

B's and C's came out great as well!

Still to do: reinstall the moonroof shade. I couldn't reinstall it because I lost one of those springy clips on one side, so I have to order a replacement.
    Damn, this came out good! My sedan's headliner is just as bad as yours was, but since that car is in storage, I'm putting it off. My wagon's headliner is about 6 or so months away from getting to this level, so I plan on having it done in Alcantara next month. I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast