Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Hmm, if he has 9 beers by the time I get there, there is a problem. lol

"What happened to your engine??? Why is it making funny noises???"
    "Dane was piss drunk when we did the VANOS seals... he says the noise normal and will go away after the 500 mile break in period."

Fixed.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

500 mile break-in period? Didn't know there was one... sheesh. I guess that'll be covered considering the drive from your house to mine is 430 miles. lol
    The rest is chump change... I drive that in a couple of days.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Damn....thats a ways.......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The mist of ideas filled the room as the reality of mods drew closer and closer, the financial burdens of nurturing slowly melting away. The mods beckoned, and soon I would be powerless to resist...

My first "mod" is going to be brand new headlight lenses and either yellow or clear Lamin-X. I will probably also swap out the fog light surround trim from the chipped Imola to the stock black plastic ones.

I may swap the order of operations with an exhaust, which I yearn for more strongly than any cosmetics.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Wobbie gets new glasses!!! :D But if you have the means to train her to be an American Idol contestant, you may be able to save some money. :P
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Okay...Here's what I think:

• The Yellow High beam bowls definitely look bad ass at all times.

• I think you should keep the AEs as is...I believe the x5 and facelift e39s OEM AEs, remain on when the the Low beams are on as well as when the high beams are on.

• If you do decide to do yellow Lamin-X on the lenses I would leave the Amber corners and delete the AEs and no yellow bowls (obviously)...So retro! And with the Imolarot, I think it would be quite delicious. But I can only picture this in my mind, I need to see it to believe it.

• Xenons should be 5000k and properly leveled to ensure the yellow lenses don't limit any night time vision and that they aren't any other odd mixture of the light temperature blending through the yellow filter.

Can't wait to see where this goes!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

The yellow highbeam bowls is another option I forgot to add.
    I want to keep the AE's at all costs, which is why I'm trying to figure out how it's going to look. I don't want to get stopped by the 5-0, so the yellow bowls seems more likely than an entire yellow Lamin-X cover so that getting stopped doesn't happen.

Perhaps an easier way to achieve this is by just fitting a yellow bulb in the highbeams, which will give it the yellow look.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Do you have bi-xenons?

DROIDstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Yes, ZKW's. Lighting is down the road, FX-R retro. Don't drive in the dark enough for it to be a priority.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Revised recommendations for lighting:

• Headlights would optimally be 5000k Bi-Xenon FX-Rs
    • Yellow painted highs w/ white H7s
    • Keep the AEs intact
    • OEM clear corners and side markers
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast