Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Curious to see how your install goes. I just received the same set of headers yesterday and have them sitting at my shop. Just waiting to get the motivation to tackle this project. I've read conflicting reviews about fitment and am not really excited about possibly having to start cutting and welding...especially on Monday morning after this weekend. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Santacruzslick View Post
    Curious to see how your install goes. I just received the same set of headers yesterday and have them sitting at my shop. Just waiting to get the motivation to tackle this project. I've read conflicting reviews about fitment and am not really excited about possibly having to start cutting and welding...especially on Monday morning after this weekend. haha
    TigerTater purchased the same set. And his are in, took him 7 hours to complete. I am about 3.5 hours into it and have the stock manifolds ready to come out. The only thing holding me up is removing the o2 sensors. They are being a pain in the arse. I should have this whooped tomorrow. Time for some moonshine now!

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Invest the $20 in a torch from Lowes.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm hoping to be able to get mine done in 4-5 hours. Access to a lift and a ton of Snap-On tools should hopefully make things a bit easier. I wish I would've had these when I did my head gasket as it would've given me a hell of a lot better access with the head off. Out of curiosity do both of your headers have a serial number etched into them? My long one does but my short one does not, I found that to be a bit strange as I had read elsewhere that all headers are etched for quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by Santacruzslick View Post
    I'm hoping to be able to get mine done in 4-5 hours. Access to a lift and a ton of Snap-On tools should hopefully make things a bit easier. I wish I would've had these when I did my head gasket as it would've given me a hell of a lot better access with the head off. Out of curiosity do both of your headers have a serial number etched into them? My long one does but my short one does not, I found that to be a bit strange as I had read elsewhere that all headers are etched for quality control.
    I think that they both do. The lift would be nice. I have over 20k worth of snapon/matco tools tho. But not sure if you can do this job in 4-5 hours.

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    I think that they both do. The lift would be nice. I have over 20k worth of snapon/matco tools tho. But not sure if you can do this job in 4-5 hours.

Sent from in the bushes
    +1. It's not a matter of access per say but it's a tedious job especially if your going to be changing header bolt studs...it helps to have two ppl one below and one above with an air ratchet to run the bolts in. You have to use two nuts run into each other to act as a jam nut...just time consuming. I'm not sure if mine have serial numbers? Where would they be located? Did you drop the engine mount Matt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and what are you doing about the secondary air pump? Reinstall or delete? That's why I bought the new wifi obd2 plug to figure out why it's throwing codes!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    Oh and what are you doing about the secondary air pump? Reinstall or delete? That's why I bought the new wifi obd2 plug to figure out why it's throwing codes!

Hmm didn't think that far ahead! Lol

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398525920564.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  43.8 KB
    1 down

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Crazy how large/heavy and restrictive they are!!

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast