Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Check your rear shock mounts...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Check as in maybe they need to be re-torqued?
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

No they might have punched through...more likely if you have stiffer shocks. I had two sets fail before switching to Rogue Engineering
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    No they might have punched through...more likely if you have stiffer shocks. I had two sets fail before switching to Rogue Engineering
    Ok, I'm not sure if they have. However, I'll check again. I looked at one side the other day and everything appeared to be normal from both the trunk and the wheel well.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

my first set didn't punch all the way through but the rubber was completely torn through all the way around and ready to punch through.
    The second set punched all the way through... the whole shock shaft was up in the cabin.... I had some pics on here somewhere of both sets
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    my first set didn't punch all the way through but the rubber was completely torn through all the way around and ready to punch through.
    The second set punched all the way through... the whole shock shaft was up in the cabin.... I had some pics on here somewhere of both sets
    If you find them, that would be great!
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

I found them...

H&R sport springs,

One more of the one that punched through

H&R sport springs,

Here is what mine look like:

Last edited by Whammy; 04-10-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Yesterday my mechanic called about the ZHP and the work needed to be done. Here's the rundown:
    • Driveshaft: Center bearing support was worn out
    • Coolant leak: Hose from expansion tank to engine is leaking and is also being corroded from power steering hose leak
    • Power Steering Pump/Hose: Hose is leaking and needs to be replaced
    • Diff fluid service per request.

Overall, not a cheap visit. About $1700 including labor. The good news is that the noise I'm hearing in the rear is not a metal-on-metal. It is the tires rubbing due to the springs finally starting to settle after 40.000mi. Part of me wanted to do the driveshaft myself. That said, no time due to trying to find a new house. The Denver/Colorado market is crazy! :/
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast