Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    Since the ZHP has been removed from DD for a week or two, it appears the car alarm has been randomly going off. After doing some research and checking the battery voltage, it appears the hood sensor may be starting to fail. Others have previously reported it. So, I have it disconnected and will be checking to see if the alarm goes off again.

Sadly to replace it, it is $45 :/
    Ha same thing has been happening to me as well.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yep! that's the problem... if you're not worried about somebody prying open your hood to steal random parts, just leave it disconnected.
    Yeah, I'm not. I'm fine with it being disconnected for now. Some day, I'll replace it. Probably in the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Ha same thing has been happening to me as well.
    O RLY?
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Yea it's a known issue though all series. i had a lady with a e60 that was having the issue. Her indy wanted to replace the alarm module and go from there. I disconnected to hood switch and she was fine. We had to disconnect it on our e53 too...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Saved the ZHP yesterday by not driving it to work. Had the unfortunate pleasure of getting rear ended by an older F150 in my 4runner. Thankfully, there is no apparent damage to the truck. I think the trailer hitch took the brunt of the impact. I have an appointment scheduled with the body shop to review possible damage.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Phew!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That was lucky for the ZHP!
    Rear-end collisions are real popular around Charleston. It's got me so paranoid...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Given the amount of force, my ZHP would have been totaled. I'm a little nervous driving the ZHP today.... :/
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

That sucks! Glad to hear you’re okay, your truck appears to be okay, and your ZHP sits safely at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That sucks! Glad to hear you’re okay, your truck appears to be okay, and your ZHP sits safely at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure it does.....

That said, the ZHP got a new home yesterday as the wife and I moved into our new house.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Today I changed the oil in the ZHP. I noticed while changing the oil the corners on the oil filter housing are getting rounded. Looks like I'll need to replace it next change.

The clock now sits at 185,000.
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast