Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Running List of friendly Coders ? :)

I am really glad to see a separate sub forum for coding great idea, and I had a lot of trouble wading through threads to find info before; Now it's much better and organized.

Thanks for all who have contributed to the coding info and to those who implemented the separated sub forum!

Now, I thought, for those of us in the family who do NOT possess coding abilities, and would like to have their cars coded by a member who does have the ability:

Can we crate a thread for a running LIST of all members who have coding abilities?
    Each code-capable member can then chime in (ONLY if they're willing to offer their services for free OR some sort of payment), and provide following information in their post/reply in the thread:

• Name and/or Username.
    • Short description of which coding services/capabilities they offer.
    • List of coding items they can NOT perform.
    • Geographical location.
    • Any other pertinent info/conditions, etc they prefer to share that might be helpful for someone who's looking to get the car coded.

This way, the member in need can PM a member in the vicinity, and discuss further things such as how to meet, what to do, payment (if any), etc.

I have done a few simple DIYs myself, but have zero hard/software or knowledge to code, but I really would like to have some coding done on my car, and I will be dependant on someone who can do it for me, and I will GLADLY offer any sort of payment for it. I have a feeling I am not the only one in this situation, so that's why I came up with this idea.

Family members/Mods: what do you guys think?

CURRENT MEMBERS WHO CAN HELP:

1. Shawn (elcid86),
    PA soft, Northern, VA (Stafford).
    Still learning, but happy to do a few minor tweaks

2. Botond Pal - az3579
    Can code NCS Expert items for older cars that are not F chassis cars. I can also read codes and perform diagnostic procedures for non-F series cars through DIS.
    Can NOT code F series cars at this time. Subject to change.
    Located in Bridgeport, CT. Willing to travel up to 3 hours from my location, all I ask is for tolls/gas. Will travel farther if specifically requested, though it depends on just how far we're talking.

3. Travis “Crickett”
    Las Vegas, Nevada

DIS, NCSExpert, INPA
    Can code E46s, possibly any OBDII E-series chassis (haven’t tried yet)
    Can read/clear error codes (including SRS/airbag)
    Can run car modules through tests/function activation (via DIS)
    Mild experience with option coding via NCSExpert (e.g. enable/disable DRLs, all windows up/down w/key fob, etc.)

Can NOT do control module flashing/recoding yet (e.g. LCM recoding, speedo recalibration, etc.)

4. Charlie - cakM3
    PA Soft, Providence RI area
    Also have INPA, DIS, NCSExpert (getting back into the coding scene....learning these)
    I am fairly comfortable using PA Soft

5. Tony Lam /// tnhl1989
    Full use of INPA 5.0.2 / BMW Scanner 1.4 P.A.Soft / Rheingold ISTA/D 3.41 / NCSExpert 3.1.0/4.0.1 ; NCSDummy 0.6.0.1 / E-Sys 3.24.3
    I can function with all models of BMW. Have defined cables for each model.
    Can code and diagnosis e36 , e39 , e46 , e53 , e82 , e90 - e91 - e92 - e93 , f-series - present.

Can't really code/program modules. Still learning that part and winkfp. I do a lot of retrofits which anyone can find searching for them. Also very capable of with repairing the e46 inside and out. I have done everything possible that have been stated on the forums and will be working on a few more things in the time to come.
    Still trying to figure out how to reprogramming modules.
    Located in Western MA. Can travel up to 2/3 hours as provided time/gas/food. Willing to help out remotely when I can.

6. Terraphantm (Hyder)

I can do pretty much anything with any non-Fxx chassis (NCS Expert, WinKFP, INPA, etc).
    I can also flash DMEs on my bench

7. Derek Ng - derbo
    San Francisco Bay Area
    DIS, NCSExpert, INPA, PASoft
    Only real experience with the early E9x and late model E46s.
    I say I am better at NCSexpert and DIS than anything else however I'm sure I can figure out INPA and PA Soft.

8. orange260z (Ayan)
    Ottawa, Canada area
    PA Soft, DIS, NCS
    Recently acquired all of this and still trying to figure it out. Actually, my computer-friendly buddy is the one trying to figure it out, I own the equipment. At this stage it's all pretty experimental.

9. Johnrando:
    Southern Cal.
    PA-Soft. Not an expert, but I know how to use it now that I have it.

10. Carbon ZHP:

La Mirada, CA.
    for PA Soft. Currently working on INPA, but my cord seems to be working intermittently.
    Last edited by Washburn; 03-30-2015 at 07:45 AM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Running List of friendly Coders ? :)

Good idea.

Shawn (elcid86), PA soft, Northern, VA (Stafford). Still learning, but happy to do a few moor tweaks.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Good idea. While I do no coding it will be good to see if there is anyone in the KC area

taptalk + Note 3

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Botond Pal - az3579

Can code NCS Expert items for older cars that are not F chassis cars. I can also read codes and perform diagnostic procedures for non-F series cars through DIS.

Can NOT code F series cars at this time. Subject to change.

Located in Bridgeport, CT. Willing to travel up to 3 hours from my location, all I ask is for tolls/gas. Will travel farther if specifically requested, though it depends on just how far we're talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks guys...keep them coming.

MODS:
    Can we compile the list onto one post somewhere, so it would be easier to check/look up?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Fantastic idea ... keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Thanks guys...keep them coming.

MODS:
    Can we compile the list onto one post somewhere, so it would be easier to check/look up?

Maybe you can post up in your first post anyone who is willing to reply?

Derek Ng - derbo
    San Francisco Bay Area

DIS, NCSExpert, INPA, PASoft
    Only real experience with the early E9x and late model E46s.

I say I am better at NCSexpert and DIS than anything else however I'm sure I can figure out INPA and PA Soft.
    Last edited by derbo; 04-29-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Sure! I can do that; at the end of each day I will compile them in my first post.
    (given that posts remain always editable, with no time limit, which I think is the case)

Nice thread idea hopefully it grows!

2004 black on black 330ci ~Mason

Added info of members who have stated they are def. willing to help to 1st post's very bottom

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast