Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post

He has stock M3 HID with yellow bulbs in the inner beams
    I love that look. Wonder where I can snag some yellow bulbs for mine.

If ever I were to get an e46 M3 it would be that color combo

taptalk + Note 3

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

My friend just dropped off front amber corners. :D But they're 2001 clip in and mine is screw on. I'll have to find the correct part. I might have to go back to OEM chrome kidneys...I'll see how it looks with the black chrome & amber though.

On another note today, have you ever been on a date with a new girl and she opens up her personality to a side you had no clue of? Well this happened today with this car and she really showed how naughty she can be. I wanted to try launch mode since OEM SMG only launches at around 1500 RPM which seems nothing compared to what I had to do in my car (3000 RPM) for anything exciting to happen. I got it all ready and made sure there were no officials around to see me take off like an elephant scared by a mouse. I was at a red light that put me on a 1/4 mile long onramp merge to the highway. I put the throttle down and the engine held at 1500 and waited for me to release the shift lever held at "minus". When I let go of the gear shift the clutch was disengaged and the party started. All the sudden this S54 turned into a hybrid. But it wasn't like a normal hybrid.... The tires instantly lit up and rocketed me forward at a rather slower pace than a proper launch. Now my car is burning premium gasoline and rubber at the same time. The car accelerated at a very slight angle and my subconscious took over to not pull off the throttle quickly or I could unbalance the car so I lightly counter-steered and stayed on the throttle easing back ever so slightly. I hit the "plus" paddle early, which banged me into 2nd gear in "S6 mode" and then into 3rd to merge leaving behind a party that I didn't even intend to start! Within that party included a black rubber "11" across the intersection and a rubber smoke cloud. I think I left more than just a skidmark on the ground from this ///Moment because I knew that this girl has the ability to turn from beauty into beast faster than you can imagine.

I kept her tame for the rest of the day/night as that's how I normally roll. I feel that people who actually do this constantly with their car should have bought a Mustang or RWD pickup to beat on. This doesn't seem right for a BMW to act like this...LOL. I just learned that the SMG can be put into launch mode or burnout mode using the same action. Burnout mode is engage if I am too quick with the throttle which I accidentally did. I've put on over 1,000 miles within a couple weeks and this girl's personality it freakin' awesome although I would never bring her home to Mom to meet. I'm glad these little moments come out safely as this stuff can really bite back if you fully disrespect such a chassis and engine at it's limit. I want to put the car on the track after I bulletproof certain engine components so I can better understand it's limits in a more controlled environment. What a day.......what A day.....
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    My friend just dropped off front amber corners. :D But they're 2001 clip in and mine is screw on. I'll have to find the correct part. I might have to go back to OEM chrome kidneys...I'll see how it looks with the black chrome & amber though.

On another note today, have you ever been on a date with a new girl and she opens up her personality to a side you had no clue of? Well this happened today with this car and she really showed how naughty she can be. I wanted to try launch mode since OEM SMG only launches at around 1500 RPM which seems nothing compared to what I had to do in my car (3000 RPM) for anything exciting to happen. I got it all ready and made sure there were no officials around to see me take off like an elephant scared by a mouse. I was at a red light that put me on a 1/4 mile long onramp merge to the highway. I put the throttle down and the engine held at 1500 and waited for me to release the shift lever held at "minus". When I let go of the gear shift the clutch was disengaged and the party started. All the sudden this S54 turned into a hybrid. But it wasn't like a normal hybrid.... The tires instantly lit up and rocketed me forward at a rather slower pace than a proper launch. Now my car is burning premium gasoline and rubber at the same time. The car accelerated at a very slight angle and my subconscious took over to not pull off the throttle quickly or I could unbalance the car so I lightly counter-steered and stayed on the throttle easing back ever so slightly. I hit the "plus" paddle early, which banged me into 2nd gear in "S6 mode" and then into 3rd to merge leaving behind a party that I didn't even intend to start! Within that party included a black rubber "11" across the intersection and a rubber smoke cloud. I think I left more than just a skidmark on the ground from this ///Moment because I knew that this girl has the ability to turn from beauty into beast faster than you can imagine.

I kept her tame for the rest of the day/night as that's how I normally roll. I feel that people who actually do this constantly with their car should have bought a Mustang or RWD pickup to beat on. This doesn't seem right for a BMW to act like this...LOL. I just learned that the SMG can be put into launch mode or burnout mode using the same action. Burnout mode is engage if I am too quick with the throttle which I accidentally did. I've put on over 1,000 miles within a couple weeks and this girl's personality it freakin' awesome although I would never bring her home to Mom to meet. I'm glad these little moments come out safely as this stuff can really bite back if you fully disrespect such a chassis and engine at it's limit. I want to put the car on the track after I bulletproof certain engine components so I can better understand it's limits in a more controlled environment. What a day.......what A day.....
    Great story. Glad you are getting used to your new girl!

LOL @ "///Moment" - that's a classic expression!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Awesome story.. and your ///Moment has inspired me to leave the ZHP in the garage this morning, and drive the S54 to work today.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Haha that's awesome! I drove my friend's Z4M and ripped it around curves/corners within my familiar hooning ground. It's quite a different vehicle to drive because you sit so close to the rear axle while having a long bonnet. It's got a great aggressive look too! He now switched it to a Z4 35is DCT which I have driven around town and is a completely different turbo monster. It's low end torque is perfect for the city and it's aggressive performance exhaust burbles, pops, and bangs just enough to enjoy it's symphony without alerting people of your arrival 3 blocks down. Now it's chipped to be a 400hp mini-monster!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234