Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone recommend a good pair of spring compressors from Amazon or Ebay?

I know I can rent some, but they seem cheap enough own from what I see online. There's so many choices though. Can anyone recommend a good pair of spring compressors from experience?

Better than renting...orielly or autozone will let you borrow them.

I prefer real ones that aren't the type you can borrow/rent because they are kinda dangerous. However, the ones I've rented from orielly were big enough to keep me feeling safe. The downside to these tools with OEM springs is they are hard to fit so that the compressors are 180 degrees away from each other. With aftermarket it is easy.

I just borrowed from local o'reily and I was fine for swapping springs on my E46

I have a set of Craftsman spring compressors which have held up very well over the years.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Better than renting...orielly or autozone will let you borrow them.

I prefer real ones that aren't the type you can borrow/rent because they are kinda dangerous. However, the ones I've rented from orielly were big enough to keep me feeling safe. The downside to these tools with OEM springs is they are hard to fit so that the compressors are 180 degrees away from each other. With aftermarket it is easy.
    Sorry I meant borrow, not rent. For the prices I see them for id like to keep a set myself for future jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    I have a set of Craftsman spring compressors which have held up very well over the years.
    These look like yours? $50 + Lifetime warranty sounds good to me!
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-strut...p-00947057000P

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50 View Post
    Sorry I meant borrow, not rent. For the prices I see them for id like to keep a set myself for future jobs.
    You meant buy?

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I've got this one from Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/single-...sor-43753.html

It is NOT made well enough for more than occasional use. I've probably removed 8 springs with it so far and it's not showing any signs of giving up yet.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I borrowed mine from autozone. I couldn't justify buying them. I figure I won't be changing springs all that often (and honestly, I don't WANT too. The spring compression rates are enough to make me very cautious).

Bought a set of the Schwaben ones from ECS Tuning about a month ago and had good success with them, as well as felt pretty secure in using them removing OEM springs and swapping for H&R Sports. Cost was $34.95 I believe, so worth it to own a pair of these for any future work needed. Couldn't justify some of the really costly options ($200 or so) for very light home use.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...ors/ES1306817/

-Brettski

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast