Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

BMW E46 MKIV Navigation Firware Update Version 32.2

Successfully updated my nav firmware to Version 32.2 (SW4-1/02). Purchased from BMWNAV.NET

The new Perspective view is a welcome improvement over the flat-map style of the older firmware version.

Also got a new welcome screen when i open the door:

The firmware upgrade also contains a day/night mode which will certainly be nice for night time driving.

For those with nav, I learned about some things I didn't know while doing the upgrade, specifically the existence of a service menu for the nav system.

To access it, go to the Menu screen, select settings, and then press and hold menu for 6-8 seconds. The service screen will now be displayed.

There are some options for sensor check, wheel sensor, GPS satellites, and gyro.

This menu is also where you enable the perspective view.

Very satisfied with this update for $50 (also came with 2011 Region 1 AND Region 2 map discs). Certainly beats the $220 that the stealer wanted for just the firmware update.

Caveat-- it did take forever to get here. Ordered on Feb 3, delivered on Feb 22. In defense of the company, they did say 3-14 business days for delivery and promptly answered my email when I sent an inquiry after it hadn't shown up for a couple of weeks.

Heading out in a bit, so I'll update with any other improvements/observations and a few more pics later.
    Last edited by kayger12; 02-22-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Very jealous...nav would be great

Lots of good detail on our NAV systems on xoutpost.com, including ways to download the software for free if you are somewhat technically inclined. John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Lots of good detail on our NAV systems on xoutpost.com, including ways to download the software for free if you are somewhat technically inclined. John
    I was checking them out. Someone else mentioned them to me. Don't believe they have the latest firmware version, though.

Definitely lots of good info there.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded