Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Are those CHROME 135's like Johnrandos?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Are those CHROME 135's like Johnrandos?
    Why, yes. Yes they are.
    AMP

2006 330cic ZHP, BSM w/ NB, AT, ECS CF Strut Bar, BMW Performance Intake, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, PosiQuiet Pads
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7L Hemi, 37" Goodyear MTR's on TWF Double Beadlocks, tons of other mods
    1965 VW Beetle, Competition Yellow, working on a 2056cc RAT Type IV transplant, full body - off resto about 10 years ago

Very nice!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. I know that I haven't tackled anything major with the ZHP yet, but I enjoy tweaking things here and there to make a vehicle more "mine".

I also noticed on the reverse light housing, there is a spot that looks like it could have been made to hold another bulb to illuminate the red area surrounding the reverse light, but is blocked off. Possibly for Euro models? Thinking about adding a small LED or two, to light with the brake lights.

Here is the bulb area, to the left of the reverse bulb in the first pic and below the reverse bulb in the second :
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    AMP

2006 330cic ZHP, BSM w/ NB, AT, ECS CF Strut Bar, BMW Performance Intake, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, PosiQuiet Pads
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7L Hemi, 37" Goodyear MTR's on TWF Double Beadlocks, tons of other mods
    1965 VW Beetle, Competition Yellow, working on a 2056cc RAT Type IV transplant, full body - off resto about 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, fellas. I know that I haven't tackled anything major with the ZHP yet, but I enjoy tweaking things here and there to make a vehicle more "mine".

I also noticed on the reverse light housing, there is a spot that looks like it could have been made to hold another bulb to illuminate the red area surrounding the reverse light, but is blocked off. Possibly for Euro models? Thinking about adding a small LED or two, to light with the brake lights.

Here is the bulb area, to the left of the reverse bulb in the first pic and below the reverse bulb in the second :
    That spot is for rear fog light.

Interesting that yours is blocked off.

Also you got the reverse lights from kohalty correct?

I like your pics. I think I will pick up a set.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    That spot is for rear fog light.

Interesting that yours is blocked off.

Also you got the reverse lights from kohalty correct?

I like your pics. I think I will pick up a set.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Rear fog lights, eh? That is interesting ...........
    I did get the bulbs from Khoalty. Ordered at 1:30 p.m., shipping confirmation less than an hour later, and bulbs at my door within 48 hours. Can't really beat that!
    AMP

Quote Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
    Rear fog lights, eh? That is interesting ...........
    I did get the bulbs from Khoalty. Ordered at 1:30 p.m., shipping confirmation less than an hour later, and bulbs at my door within 48 hours. Can't really beat that!
    Yep rear fogs but in the pic below you can see that my passenger side lights up as well (rear fog on left, normal running light on right) so maybe verts are different. I am not sure.

But thanks. I'll order a set of those lights.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    Yep rear fogs but in the pic below you can see that my passenger side lights up as well (rear fog on left, normal running light on right) so maybe verts are different. I am not sure.

But thanks. I'll order a set of those lights.
    If I recall, coupe and vert will need to run wiring to the rear for the rear fog.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    If I recall, coupe and vert will need to run wiring to the rear for the rear fog.
    I would agree with this. There are only 2 wires running to the light assembly, and they are the + & - for the reverse light.
    But, from the looks of things inside the assembly, they use a common ground. The middle "tab" coming out of the connector runs to both sockets. Then the left and right outermost "tabs" run to the reverse and fog/tail light sockets, respectively.
    AMP

So, one of the ZHP's tires developed a slow leak. I break out the trusty air compressor, and as I am airing up I hear the sound of air escaping as I got near 35 PSI.
    Off comes the rim/tire, and I find this:
    Name:  Wheel1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  1.45 MB

The chalk I used to pinpoint the sound of the air leak, as it was on the back side. So, off to the local Wheel Fix It shop. 3 days and $150 (including repair, mount and balance) I get a straightened and cleaned rim. They had 5 or 6 chalk marks on the tire, showing the multiple places where the rim needed attention.
    Well, I couldn't just put one clean rim on the car, so the other three had to come off and be cleaned as well. 9 years of brake dust and road grime is a PITA to remove. And chrome doesn't like brake dust, so the insides of the rims are somewhat pitted. But, after about 3 hours, at least they are relatively clean now.
    Here is a before and after pic (or I guess technically it is after and before?)
    Name:  B & A.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  2.25 MB

As a side note, I don't think the spare has ever seen the light of day since being installed in the trunk. It still has the bar-code label on it.
    Name:  Spare.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  1.71 MB
    AMP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast