Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    My main gripe with Dinan is the cost/benefit of their modifications. Equal quality or better can be had in the same price range. You are mainly paying for the Dinan name
    Sure but I think it depends on the buyer. Let's take an iPhone or Galaxy device and some generic smart phone. Apple and Samsung both have a quality fit to their brand so I would obviously choose them over the generic smartphone. Even though both devices do the same thing. It's all about preference. Same with BMW vs. Cadillac. BMW screams sporty to me and Cadillac does not. Do they make great products? I'm sure they do but I would choose BMW because I am more familiar with their products. And it is awesome we have the ability of choice when making modifications to our cars. Do I like knowing that Dinan spends a lot of time and money when designing (most) of their products? Sure thing I do! I'm sure other companies work just as hard but for me it's about what I know. Do I like that my tech only trusts Dinan aftermarket parts on his vehicles? Sure thing. That's part of the reason I boarded the Dinan ship. I also like that they don't make up numbers for things like software and intakes. I know what I am getting and am willing to pay for it you know? But other companies do their part too and cater towards their own customers. In my opinion, Dinan ticks all the boxes. But thankfully there are many other choices out there. Which is why it's great we can all share our positive experiences with using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

I like these wheels but not for the price they cost new. For once I will agree and say these are quite expensive.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

I'll forget to post so just ignore until tomorrow.

Tech Tip Tuesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1F7HkzxUM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

I understand where you and your tech are coming from, I used to be full bore in the Dinan camp but I have since learned more and know what else is available. They still make good parts, but as I said from a cost/benefit analysis there are many other tuners that make great parts and spend a ton of time developing them before being out to market.

For example, this is one of my favorite shops:

http://www.vacmotorsports.com

The reason I originally went with the Dinan stuff was that my car was still under warranty at the time and Dinan backs up the factory warranty.

As far as this thread being pro Dinan only... That just wouldn't be fair to the other forum members. One needs positive and negative reviews to make an accurate decision. Especially on high dollar items.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The reason I originally went with the Dinan stuff was that my car was still under warranty at the time and Dinan backs up the factory warranty.

As far as this thread being pro Dinan only... That just wouldn't be fair to the other forum members. One needs positive and negative reviews to make an accurate decision. Especially on high dollar items.
    Bingo. ZHPM is a placed for balanced reviews, not camp this vs. camp that. If the majority of members don't like Dinan, you will hear it.

As far as how I feel about it... Garry, you bring up an interesting point with Apple vs. Samsung. I'll say this: Apple used to be considered the best because it was the first (in many cases) to make quality mobile products. Since then, however, it has grown stagnant. Their products are no longer innovative. They charge top dollar when higher quality competitors offer more and better products for less money. Their company no longer strives to be the best, they simply use their name to rake in as much money as possible. Every single Apple release for the past 2 years has left them behind the curve before said product was even released. And can you blame them? Look at how many people are willing to pay for Apple items when competitors offer better products that are more innovative and less expensive.

Dinan is the Apple of the BMW tuning world. Given that, if you would rather buy an iPhone that an Anroid/Windows phone, and you would rather buy Dinan products over other products, you do not need to justify your opinion to anyone. If you are pleased and comfortable with their products, then more power to you. That's the beauty of car tuning. Do it your way. Enjoy it for your own self.

However, don't be offended if people tell you that your money would be better spent elsewhere. We are not trash talking or picking at you. We are simply (persistently) advising you that if you want gains in power and functionality for your ZHP, you will get much more for your money with other companies than you will with Dinan.

/opinion
    In the market for an E90 M3

I understand where you and your tech are coming from, I used to be full bore in the Dinan camp but I have since learned more and know what else is available. They still make good parts, but as I said from a cost/benefit analysis there are many other tuners that make great parts and spend a ton of time developing them before being out to market.

For example, this is one of my favorite shops:

http://www.vacmotorsports.com
    VAC is the shiznizat.
    In the market for an E90 M3

The Official Dinan Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Bingo. ZHPM is a placed for balanced reviews, not camp this vs. camp that. If the majority of members don't like Dinan, you will hear it.

As far as how I feel about it... Garry, you bring up an interesting point with Apple vs. Samsung. I'll say this: Apple used to be considered the best because it was the first (in many cases) to make quality mobile products. Since then, however, it has grown stagnant. Their products are no longer innovative. They charge top dollar when higher quality competitors offer more and better products for less money. Their company no longer strives to be the best, they simply use their name to rake in as much money as possible. Every single Apple release for the past 2 years has left them behind the curve before said product was even released. And can you blame them? Look at how many people are willing to pay for Apple items when competitors offer better products that are more innovative and less expensive.

Dinan is the Apple of the BMW tuning world. Given that, if you would rather buy an iPhone that an Anroid/Windows phone, and you would rather buy Dinan products over other products, you do not need to justify your opinion to anyone. If you are pleased and comfortable with their products, then more power to you. That's the beauty of car tuning. Do it your way. Enjoy it for your own self.

However, don't be offended if people tell you that your money would be better spent elsewhere. We are not trash talking or picking at you. We are simply (persistently) advising you that if you want gains in power and functionality for your ZHP, you will get much more for your money with other companies than you will with Dinan.

/opinion
    Avoiding the Apple vs Samsung ( 5S S5 coincidence?? Just Kidding I see what your saying... ) talk I just wanted to create a thread where we can share our positive experiences since it seems most people do not like Dinan (at least on this forum). Just thought it would be nice to have a place where one could read positive reviews. . I like it and I'm glad I went with it. If you are not then that's fine by me. Luckily there are many other options out there.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post

For sure. But I thought it would make it easy to consolidate all the positive reviews for a prospective buyer rather than having few positive and mostly negative reviews scattered throughout the forum. That's all.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

My main gripe with Dinan is the cost/benefit of their modifications. Equal quality or better can be had in the same price range. You are mainly paying for the Dinan name
    +1 I shop elsewhere, Dinan is flat out not worthy of the money they charge. Shop your options, wayyyyy better bang for the buck, I'm not pro-dinan, I am pro-performance.

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast