Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Interesting tidbit, I asked AA if I'lI needed a reflash of my tune do to the TB and they said they'd need a Dyno w/AFR info so they could tell. Otherwise, they don't know. John

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    As long as we are not just 'rehashing the bashing', this could and should be a useful thread. (like that term? I'm gonna copyright it ). If there is a positive experience, post it. If there is strong evidence of an issue with a particular product, it would be best to post that so some unsuspecting soul doesn't go down the wrong path. What I think Gary wants to eliminate (if I can speak for him) is generic 'too expensive, all based on reputation' talk that we always hear. I certainly wouldn't blame him for that.

This why I included my dyno numbers. That was the best out of three pulls. I would of been happy if it was over 200 HP. I've had the Dinan products on my car for over 4 years now...

I would like to get some new numbers now that I have the full Corsa exhaust. The shop that did the work assured me that the ZHP exhaust was good enough but I'd like verify.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    As long as we are not just 'rehashing the bashing', this could and should be a useful thread. (like that term? I'm gonna copyright it ). If there is a positive experience, post it. If there is strong evidence of an issue with a particular product, it would be best to post that so some unsuspecting soul doesn't go down the wrong path. What I think Gary wants to eliminate (if I can speak for him) is generic 'too expensive, all based on reputation' talk that we always hear. I certainly wouldn't blame him for that.

Exactly. Perfectly executed John. Thank you. Let the continuation begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Sorry for the typo... 'do' s/b 'due'

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I will give Dinan cudos for one thing, the rear shock brace, finding them through others is difficult. And I like their design on the strut and rear shock braces.

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

The Official Dinan Thread

Here's more info and a couple of shots of the Dinan air box

The bottom of the box is stock still using the stock snorkels. An additional snorkel is added to the left brake duct. This is the hardest part of the installation as you have add the holes in the air box and the brake duct. I really don't think there is any issue with hydro locking since it still uses the stock snorkels. If the only intake was through the brake duct snorkel then I'd be worried

Here's a shot of the inside of the top air box. The filter is pretty big and it's the dry type. I replace it every 30k or so.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Here's more info and a couple of shots of the Dinan air box

The bottom of the box is stock still using the stock snorkels. An additional snorkel is added to the left brake duct. This is the hardest part of the installation as you have add the holes in the air box and the brake duct. I really don't think there is any issue with hydro locking since it still uses the stock snorkels. If the only intake was through the brake duct snorkel then I'd be worried

Here's a shot of the inside of the top air box. The filter is pretty big and it's the dry type. I replace it every 30k or so.
    Wow thanks for sharing. Dinan claims this intake design provides the ideal conditions for the engine because the intake and filter are in a sealed environment. And because of this, the hotter air in the engine bay does not heat up the "cold" air coming in from the inlets. It's a very cool design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Here is my experience so far with my stage 1 software. I had it installed at the only Dinan dealer in Utah and he was great to work worth. One thing I found out was you can upgrade to stage 2 software and you only have to pay the difference between stage 1 and stage 2. So, that is nice if I want to go that route in the future.

I've enjoyed much smoother and quicker acceleration with the software installed in my car. It's kind of hard to explain, I don't really feel like my car is more powerful, maybe 2-3 HP I suppose at most. But, I feel that the car is able to use what it has a lot more effectively to get to the higher RPM range more quickly than the stock setup. There is no lag in the lower range and silky smooth all the way through the power band.

I was actually surprised at the perkiness my car now displays from about 3500-6000 RPM. It has become even more fun to drive now. On my first fuel up, it appears that I am getting 1-2 more MPG on the freeway cruising at 70mph.

So far I am very pleased with it. That's my .02.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    Here is my experience so far with my stage 1 software. I had it installed at the only Dinan dealer in Utah and he was great to work worth. One thing I found out was you can upgrade to stage 2 software and you only have to pay the difference between stage 1 and stage 2. So, that is nice if I want to go that route in the future.

I've enjoyed much smoother and quicker acceleration with the software installed in my car. It's kind of hard to explain, I don't really feel like my car is more powerful, maybe 2-3 HP I suppose at most. But, I feel that the car is able to use what it has a lot more effectively to get to the higher RPM range more quickly than the stock setup. There is no lag in the lower range and silky smooth all the way through the power band.

I was actually surprised at the perkiness my car now displays from about 3500-6000 RPM. It has become even more fun to drive now. On my first fuel up, it appears that I am getting 1-2 more MPG on the freeway cruising at 70mph.

So far I am very pleased with it. That's my .02.
    That's good to hear! I too think the power dip experienced around 4k is nearly gone. I'm glad to hear you like it! The throttle response is much better and makes the software justifiable just because of that IMO!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

For everyone in the mid Atlantic region whats the closest Dinan dealer to Delaware?

2004 black on black 330ci ~Mason

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast