Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Anyone compare the Rogue Engineering to Auto Solutions SSK? Deciding between the two. Probably can't go wrong either either.

I know a few ppl who like the AS one btr. Not scientific but I trust their judgement.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Anyone compare the Rogue Engineering to Auto Solutions SSK? Deciding between the two. Probably can't go wrong either either.
    DO NOT do Rogue LOL That was my experience with Rogue. AS is the way. Just buy it, don't look anywhere else. You can try it on my car, if I get my car in working order to drive down to your car meet lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    DO NOT do Rogue LOL That was my experience with Rogue. AS is the way. Just buy it, don't look anywhere else. You can try it on my car, if I get my car in working order to drive down to your car meet lol
    What was it about the Rogue? Material? Design?

What was it about the Rogue? Material? Design?
    It wasn't specifically designed for our car. They just took a lever from a different car and slapped it on. They initially gave me the wrong lever from a different car too. I got it replaced and it didn't change any of the characteristics lol It was slightly off center and didn't engage well in 1st and 2nd gear. It only reduced the throw by 10%, you got 4% more if you had the ZHP knob. It was notchy. It did reduce the slop initially, then after a few months became even worst than what I started with. It was built similar to OE. Aluminum lever, with plastic pivot ball. It reused all of the the shifter parts except for new washers/clips, and a new cup for the carrier. I don't even think it used a new selector rod.

Then dealing with them. OMG it's like dealing with Tesla. Such a PIA and they don't even respond and shit. I pretty much just don't buy shit from them if I can now.

Then I went with a full custom kit with AS that replaced everything. It was night and day.

This is just for the 330 6sp. For some reason the 330 5sp is like miles better than the 6sp. The reason why I went with RE in the first place was due to my friend's 330 5sp having it and it felt pretty good.

Then dealing with them. OMG it's like dealing with Tesla.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I ended buying the UUC evo3 shifter with the DSSR they had a great deal going on during Memorial Day I couldn’t pass up. They forgot to include the delrin carrier bushings. I contacted them and they shipped them out , waiting for them to arrive then I will install it myself. Read multiple diy and looks totally doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't specifically designed for our car. They just took a lever from a different car and slapped it on. They initially gave me the wrong lever from a different car too. I got it replaced and it didn't change any of the characteristics lol It was slightly off center and didn't engage well in 1st and 2nd gear. It only reduced the throw by 10%, you got 4% more if you had the ZHP knob. It was notchy. It did reduce the slop initially, then after a few months became even worst than what I started with. It was built similar to OE. Aluminum lever, with plastic pivot ball. It reused all of the the shifter parts except for new washers/clips, and a new cup for the carrier. I don't even think it used a new selector rod.

Then dealing with them. OMG it's like dealing with Tesla. Such a PIA and they don't even respond and shit. I pretty much just don't buy shit from them if I can now.

Then I went with a full custom kit with AS that replaced everything. It was night and day.

This is just for the 330 6sp. For some reason the 330 5sp is like miles better than the 6sp. The reason why I went with RE in the first place was due to my friend's 330 5sp having it and it felt pretty good.
    Yikes, maybe I will avoid it. I was going to get a killer deal on them but I rather not deal with the headache to save $200. I will definitely give AS a call and see what their turnaround time is.

If you don't mind me asking, which "kit" did you get from AS?

Yikes, maybe I will avoid it. I was going to get a killer deal on them but I rather not deal with the headache to save $200. I will definitely give AS a call and see what their turnaround time is.

If you don't mind me asking, which "kit" did you get from AS?
    Mine would be considered the ultimate kit. Since it replaces everything. But for our cars, he only makes the lever, selector rod and stuff. He doesn't make the shift carrier/arm since he said our cars design is plenty good enough. I just forced him to make it for me

I'm running the Rogue SSK in my ZHP. I haven't had any problems with it at all. It came with a new lever that had their metal pivot ball, and a new factory carrier that had their cup welded to it. It also came with new style clips and hardware. I'm also running their old school high rise carbon shift knob. Myself and the few experienced people I've let drive my car have all been quite pleased with how it feels.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast