Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Increasing front camber to between -2.5° to -3.0° degrees

Would this be way too much negative camber? Will be on H&R Race springs. Not a daily, I only cruise her on nice weekends. What are the pros & cons of running too much negative camber on our cars aside from the tire wear?

Tramlining will increase. Less stability in a straight line.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5
    In the market for an E90 M3

Why do you think it will go to -2.5 to -3.0? I have H&R race on my 323ci and it is slightly OOS to factory. Nowhere near -2.5.

If you do this without any other changes, you should get less understeer and have a more neutral handling car. Straight line braking power will decrease slightly, meaning ABS could kick in sooner if braking hard in a straight line. You might be able to fit slightly wider tires or use a more aggressive offset (or more front wheel spacer).

Will you have fixed or adjustable camber plates? Or no camber plates?

I'm looking at the fixed camber plates from Turners. Im trying to run a 18x9.5 ET40 265/35-18 squared set up. Rest of the combo will be with H&R Race springs & Koni Yellows all around with fenders rolled. BTW, what's the most negative camber u can get from removing the strut locating pins?

Not much more than stock. Maybe an additional 1° max.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Currently how it sits. Rears have more negative camber than the fronts.

I have a used pair of fixed E46 camber plates from Turner. They're bolted to a set of strut hats, but it's possible one of the strut hats is a bit worn. If you're interested, let me know and I'll be happy to sell them to you at a big discount compared to new ones. You could try them with my existing strut hats or bolt them to yours (requires knocking out the 3 studs in the strut hats to bolt on the camber plates). They gave me about -2.8 degrees up front using stock ZHP springs. They raise front ride height about 3/16" but if you'll be putting on H&R Race springs, you'll probably enjoy that extra 3/16" stack height.

If you pair them with H&R Race springs, your front camber might be -3.0, maybe -3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50 View Post
    I'm looking at the fixed camber plates from Turners. Im trying to run a 18x9.5 ET40 265/35-18 squared set up. Rest of the combo will be with H&R Race springs & Koni Yellows all around with fenders rolled. BTW, what's the most negative camber u can get from removing the strut locating pins?

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I have a used pair of fixed E46 camber plates from Turner. They're bolted to a set of strut hats, but it's possible one of the strut hats is a bit worn. If you're interested, let me know and I'll be happy to sell them to you at a big discount compared to new ones. You could try them with my existing strut hats or bolt them to yours (requires knocking out the 3 studs in the strut hats to bolt on the camber plates). They gave me about -2.8 degrees up front using stock ZHP springs. They raise front ride height about 3/16" but if you'll be putting on H&R Race springs, you'll probably enjoy that extra 3/16" stack height.

If you pair them with H&R Race springs, your front camber might be -3.0, maybe -3.1.
    I'm interested. Check PM.

Why the hell haven't you, Sean, and I met yet?
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast