Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheel decisions

Wheel decisions

Alright guys I just got back from Michelin about my dry rotted tires and they said they are defective and would give me a 25% discount on my next set so I've been having real troubles find a wheel that I love for the next 5 years since that will be the next time I will be getting new tires. It's now or never, I'd love to get some of your guys opinions and preferences on wheels. I'd like to stay 18s and have them staggered.

Thanks, Mason

2004 black on black 330ci ~Mason

So....they're giving you 25% off for a defective tire?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    As long as we are not just 'rehashing the bashing', this could and should be a useful thread.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So....they're giving you 25% off for a defective tire?
    Yes because the warranty was up on the front two some they said they would give me 25% overall for my next set.

Stay with 18", get a square set! Turn in is so much better. Square is much better.

As far as style... That's up to you really. What do you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Stay with 18s. I'm rocking bbs LM reps.

Last edited by Smilez; 06-25-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Stay with 18", get a square set! Turn in is so much better. Square is much better.

+1 on the square setup. It will help to dial back understeer too. If I was going to different wheels, I would go square.

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

-Brettski

Since the ZHP is a low-volume model, with a wheel that's unique to it (at least in the USA - the 135 was used on the Z4 and perhaps others overseas), I would (and do) stick with the stock wheels. As the cars age, the closer to stock you are, the more valuable (and better looking IMHO) your car will be. And it's a great-looking, if heavy, wheel, so why not? Just lose the stock brake pads so that you don't have to deal with the PITA they are to clean, and you're good to go.

Don't even get me started about counterfeits (errrr "reps").

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post

Alright squared it is but I'm really trying to find a wheel that will compliment the chrome grills and window trim and look aggressive. I'm not a huge fan of the blacked out look. For reference I really like the VMR V718s but they are so commonly used on the M3 nowadays so a more unique look would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Since the ZHP is a low-volume model, with a wheel that's unique to it (at least in the USA - the 135 was used on the Z4 and perhaps others overseas), I would (and do) stick with the stock wheels. As the cars age, the closer to stock you are, the more valuable (and better looking IMHO) your car will be. And it's a great-looking, if heavy, wheel, so why not? Just lose the stock brake pads so that you don't have to deal with the PITA they are to clean, and you're good to go.

Don't even get me started about counterfeits (errrr "reps").
    I have style 68s right now. I'm a non ZHPer.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    +1 on the square setup. It will help to dial back understeer too. If I was going to different wheels, I would go square.

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.
    Brett you were right about them being made in 08 and 09 and I just missed the warranty all the tires! Soooo disappointed

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast