Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good work!

Sent by the Pixel XL
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, lots of stuff, noice!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
    Man, I got tired just from reading about all the stuff you did.....nice work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1
    lol thanks. Yeah I just hope that my car will start fine lol The last time I did a lot of stuff like this all at once on my buddies car, his car didn't start well After checking through everything again, it turned out that he did not secure the ground wire for the spark plugs. I remembered that on mines. Hopefully I didn't forget anything else.

I've been lazy the last couple of days lol Mainly, because I'm waiting on Mishimoto's reply about the intake hoses. I did do something today though

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I had a couple hours to spare today so I started working on the selector rod that came in from Ronald on Monday. Install was pretty much straightforward. It looks way more centered now.

Here's a mockup picture I took. Nothing has been screwed on put into place properly. If I had to be picky, I would say it's off by only a couple mm now. But I'm happy with how it is now. Thanks Ronald :

Exhaust and everything back in.

And that's about all the daylight I had. Here's how it's sitting now all dirty.

I'm waiting on Mishimoto right now. They replied to me asking for my invoice and some pictures. Then I haven't heard from them since. Don't know what the deal here is. I'll try to call them tomorrow if I have some time to spare to see what's going on.

Things left to do. I swear this list is like never ending because I keep remembering stuff I need to do after I finish something else :banghead::
    • Intake boots/air box/filter/DISA (Waiting on Mishimoto)
    • Oil change
    • Fill coolant
    • Fuel Filter
    • Clean speed sensors
    • Windshield Cowl
    • Re-install strut bar

Some more stuff from yesterday

Took care of a few small things yesterday. I finally put the rubber dust boot back in. It's still such a PIA to get this thing in.

Here is me starting, only to realize that it wasn't going in because it's upside-down :

Got the sucker in though

Then while I had my shifter console apart. I figured it was time to do the ashtray delete that I always wanted to do. Basically I just changed it to another storage tray. It took some minor modifications to get it to fit since that storage tray isn't made for the smoker's package bracket.

Before (taken before I re-installed the dust boot):

This little LED and black plastic cap was in the way. So I pulled the LED out, and dremeled the plastic piece so that it's the same length of the smaller one that you see in front of it.

After. The top part of the tray isn't straight because I think I had something lying on top of it for awhile. But it bends back out easily:

And what am I going to use it for? Just to store my AUX cable lol I did put the AUX cable in the ashtray before, but sometimes it got stuck on the cigarette holder side.

The next thing I did was clean the speed sensors. Well it wasn't needed at all because they were clean as hell. I don't remember cleaning them. But everything came out easy as hell and the bolts were like barely tight.

So I finished that way faster than I thought I was. So then what to do? I figured, since the wheels are off. Might as well paint the calipers right? lol I was pretty lazy to thoroughly clean them though. So I just did the bare minimum and just spray the **** out of it with brake cleaner and wipe it down. Then I went ahead and painted it using a brush so I didn't have to mask anything off : I went for a semi-gloss look because glossy would take too many coats :P

Before:

After (Looks glossy in the picture for some reason. Maybe it wasn't dry yet.):

Yes I know, they are taken from different sides because I forgot to take a before picture while I was painting lol I only realized that I should take a before picture after I finished painting the other 3 calipers already :lmao:

Pretty much all I got done. I just ended up doing more **** that wasn't on my agenda lol

Oh yeah, I wanted to show people the new BMW screw driver. This thing is awesome. They are god damn geniuses lol I loved the one we had, but this one is so much better.

The handle is black

There's a 10mm socket at the end (as you can see, I have been using it lol)

On the side you put the screwdriver part in, you have an 8mm socket

And a slot to put the metal stick in to make it a T-Handle so you can have more leverage for those bolts

Awesome right? : lol

All good stuff!

Do you have a part number for the bin used in the ash tray delete?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    All good stuff!

Do you have a part number for the bin used in the ash tray delete?
    Here you go: 51168208369

Here you go: 51168208369

Not a good day

So today, I decided that I was just going to fill the coolant and start on my other stuff rather than waiting for Mishimoto. Well, I didn't get too far. Pretty much started filling, then I hear something leaking. Looked around, and bam, lower radiator hose is leaking from the connection point :ben: Great another Mishimoto product fail. I haven't even used it yet and it failed on me. So now I gotta wait until Monday to contact them again to get this sorted out. I already fired off an email, but I doubt that will get to them.

I'm unsure of what the problem is, but I suspect it's a bad o-ring.

When I took off the intake boots, I was wondering why I couldn't even get the lower one on all the way. Well I found the problem.

From the lip of the TB to the outer edge of the groove it's 3/16".

Hmm, so why is the edge of the lip to the groove on the Mishimoto hose 5/16"? Also, it wasn't cut straight so some sections for 4/16" up to 6/16" (i know, i should simplify the fractions, but it's easier this way)

I marked it all the way around the hose in case I want to cut it later.

It's perfect on the OEM hose

I didn't take pictures of this, but I also measured the ICV part. So the ICV connector starts exactly .5" after the TB part goes in all the way. Well they are way off here. So now I need to cut off another 3/8" off that one.

They should have put an alignment tab on the lower hose. It's hard to hold it in place while you're tightening it. It keeps moving back out. Even if the hose were perfectly cut, I doubt I can even get it to the angle that it needs still.

So with nothing done, to make things more tedious for next time. The weather decided to sprinkle/drizzle on me. So that meant I had to clean up and cover the lift. Ended my day early.

At this point, I'm thinking I should try to get Mishimoto to give me a refund and I just go back to OEM. We'll see though.

Hopefully, after this, I will have only one more update and it's when the car is finished lol

So I finally got into contact with them by calling them. They explained to me that their email system is stupid as **** :. So apparently if you email them more than once, you get reset to the end of the queue for each email you send after. Um...why? And if you attach pictures, they don't come in full-size for them either.

I would recommend just calling Mishimoto if you need to contact them and just forgo their whole email system altogether.

Anyways, they are sending me new intake boots that may or may not fit. But either way, they are giving them to me so that if the new ones don't fit, I have a set that I can cut without worrying too much. Also cutting the hoses doesn't void the warranty apparently.

For the radiator hoses, based on those earlier pictures I provided, they said that there's no o-ring. I opted to warranty the hoses, and took them off to send them back. But there is an o-ring when I took it out :, it's just flat as hell.

This is what the o-ring looks like from the defective one

This is what it's supposed to look like (taken from one of the non-defective ends)

They said that the hoses are shipped in California so it should be here by Friday. So hopefully it arrives on time, because I fly out Saturday afternoon and I won't be back for like 2 weeks.

Since I had to take the fan out again, and I was lazy to clean it the first time. I took the time to wipe it down a little more this time. Looks pretty new now. Better then being all brown/yellow and dusty lol

And then my hood latch seemed like it was catching. Basically the latch part that you pull out (black piece) was rubbing against the actual latch (silver) and after awhile, they get kind of rusty and it makes it harder to pull. I just went ahead and put some synthetic grease on it for now. Maybe, I'll buy a new latch later down the line.

Wow, lots of work

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, lots of work.
    X2!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast