Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Beauty!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Loving that gorgeous Alpine White with a carbon fiber roof.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

an update that is not really an update since it's all information you've already seen

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

Yesterday, I talked to a cool e46 m3 owner on the drive to school. Kind of hard to talk and drive at the same time side by side lol I guess he just brought his Apex to get tires, saw my car and zipped up (he was in his e39) to tell me how it looked. I didn't even notice him until he said hi lol

So today one of my friends brought this link to my attention:
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/10/22/al...tuning-build/#

Though the info about EAS building my car is wrong, but whatever, I don't mind helping them out.

Then I searched and found out that EAS posted my car on their blog:
    http://europeanautosource.com/blog/s...e46-330ci.html

which led to these tiny blogs picking it up:
    http://www.autoevolution.com/news/cl...ery-87075.html
    http://www.automnews.com/?p=59099
    http://www.autonews.name/bmw/bmw-330...n-auto-source/

Took awhile to find this thread lol I see that I haven't updated this for a long as time. So i'm just going to quote over the relevant updates. But I don't think I really did anything worthwhile during that time anyways.

Ronald sent me some pictures of my custom Autosolutions SSK awhile back that I was too lazy to post. Posting it now since I'm up early for no reason. Currently it's just the shift lever, selector rod, and that little piece at the end (forgot what it's called). Ronald still has to make the shift arm (or shift carrier for those that don't know). He's been super busy, so that's like all he's done, and he's doing it as a side project so probably not going to finish by winter break for me to install it lol

Not much of an update here. Everything you guys have seen before. But here's some back story. In August, my car got damaged (not my fault). The damage was mainly the hood, front bumper, headlights, and some aero ducting. I was so sad/angry, I didn't bother taking pictures of how it looked damaged. I just took it to the shop straight that day.

I was ready for the worst with the hood, but my bodyshop told me the clear bra held it together really well that they were able to fix the hood. The damage was around the kidney grills mainly. I got new BMW performance grills since both fell out somewhere on the way to the body shop. It was broken anyways so whatever. I got a new headlight as well since the tabs were broken and transfered my angels over. The front bumper was an easy fix, again clear bra helped.

So like 3 months later, I drove it yesterday to get clear bra installed again on my hood/bumper. Looks good again. I only took two snaps while they were finishing up on the car so yeah.

The only truly new "mod" is that I got some aluminum scrape plates made by a friend. I have been using some temporary plastic ones for awhile now and they are scraped up to hell, but held up. They are pretty thick. I just need to paint the top side black before I install them. The plastic ones are currently on the car in the mean time.

Excuse the fingerprints lol They look too good already in their unfinished form to even put on the car tbh

My current plans are to do all the preventative maintenance I was supposed to do in August in the first place. As for the shifter, I held off on it because of this. I plan to hit up Ronald to get it fully finished early next year when I have some more funds.
    Not much of an update. I did an oil change sometime ago. I then bought some Turner hub extenders and put them on. I had a lot of vibration in the front wheels ever since I put on my 5mm spacers. It really bothered me so I finally put on the extenders. It pretty much fixed like 80% of the vibration. I think the other 20% is honestly because I need to balance the wheels lol Since I now only get the vibration at around 65 MPH. It's perfectly smooth up until then unlike before. I also powdercoated the scrap plates and installed them too. It's already chipped, but it saved my bumper. A car turned into me, so to avoid them i hit a dip/hole or something like that. Heard a loud scrape and I was like :ben: But when I went to check, bumper was perfect. The plate is scraped to hell on the bottom and the corner, and there's a chip/dent on the top side. Working as intended lol I'll probably replace them down the line, and make another version with holes in it to clear the screws I have under there for better contact. I'm still using 3M double sided tape and it works perfectly fine.

I kept the stock cap in good condition in case I ever want to put it on. Most likely not lol:

As for future plans:
    This year I'm supposed to do all my preventative maintenance. And possibly rear end reinforcement and LSD. But my rear bumper's clear coat has been coming off after the rain came (prior damage). It is really starting to bother me, so I think I'll probably take care of that. I might finish the rear fenders while I'm at it, but who knows. I need a good deal on some M3 rear fenders. But we'll see how it goes I guess.
    Very small update:

The BMW rental is gone and I can drive the car again. I just got back from a Vietnam trip. Still haven't done any of those preventative maintenance that I was planning on doing. I forgot to buy some things so those are on the way. I almost bought a used TS1 lol

Today, I dressed up my car for Halloween. Well I just gave it some teeth :

Pretty much all I got so far.

Post was too long so I had to break it up...

I finally have a large enough update worth reading about lol.

I finally got around to starting to install all the preventative maintenance stuff that I've been telling you guys that I planned to do.

Picture of the box of stuff. I was too lazy to take everything out to show you what I actually bought. It's missing some stuff in the picture because I only remembered to take a picture of the box after I already started :

I started like last week. First up, I finally got my custom Autosolutions SSK from Ronald finally. The thing has some heft to it, and looks well made. I like the fact that he etched my name into the side of it lol

My buddy, John, came over to help. So up it went. Taking the exhaust off and stuff is so much easier with the lift. I also have a transmission jack, so no one has to like hold the exhaust. But I mean the Magnaflow catback I have is pretty light for two people anyways. We had to lower the transmission to get to the shifter coupling. Man that **** is such a :censor: to get off. I never want to take it off again lol I only remembered to take pictures after the exhaust and everything was off and we already started putting everything in :

The picture shows the new custom carrier, selector rod, and lever.

We did run into a little problem though So when I got everything in, and I went up into the car to test it out, I noticed that the shifter was no longer centered. It's like .5" off to the passenger side. It's like basically shifted a whole gate over so neutral is like where 5/6 would be. But since the SSK throws are shorter than what I had before, I could still shift through all the gears fine lol I phoned Ronald, and after some troubleshooting, we think it's the selector rod. From my preliminary findings, it looks like the offset is slightly off.

So there goes that, I just sent him both my factory and his custom selector rod and am now awaiting the new one to be made and sent back. He confirmed that the offset is off like 2mm and that would cause it to be off by up to 10mm at the top.

So when I pull it all the way to the left, it looks like it's centered

Let go, and it's off

So since I couldn't do anything, I left the car up on the lift for like 3 days to wait for the part since I didn't want to put the car down and lift it back up again. But that was all pointless because over the weekend, it was going to rain :ben: So that meant I had to clean up everything and put the car down so that I could cover my lift and stuff from the rain (since my lift is mounted outside). it rained until like Monday? I think?

On Tuesday, since the car was down I decided that I would just go ahead and start tackling the VCG, DISA and all that stuff. The things that I planned to do that day were:

• Clean ICV
    • Clean TB
    • Replace intake hoses with Mishimoto silicone intake hoses
    • Upgrade the DISA with the German Auto Solutions DISA upgrade kit

I didn't take much pictures of what I did then lol All I have are a couple pictures of the G.A.S. DISA stuff.

Scraping off the molded silicone o-ring part is super time consuming. Here's a picture with the unit fully assembled without the new o-ring installed yet.

The Mishimoto silicone hoses have their branding on it everywhere. But as most people who know me, I don't like to have too much of that stuff. I just ended up taking some black electrical tape and putting it on where the logos were to keep it more low key.

Then decided to end the day here and cleaned up :P

Then Wednesday, John came over again to help me tackle the rest of the stuff. Since we were short on time this was what we got done:

• Replace VCG
    • Replace spark plugs
    • Remove washer bottle
    • Cleaned the valve covers and surrounding areas a little.

My engine was pretty clean. In fact, the VCG was still somewhat malleable. It actually made it more difficult to take off the valve cover than when it's all old and brittle. The seals around the spark plugs though were old and basically broke off like chips.

I forgot to take pictures of the plugs, but they did not look good :

Put everything back and basically cleaned up with time to spare. I don't think you could tell a difference between how it looked dirty and sort of clean here lol

So we actually started to do the next part of my long to do list. Took the electric fan off, and the belts to get ready to do the cooling system refresh tomorrow. And that's pretty much where we're at. It's so much easier to take off the fan on my car lol There's like a ton of room in front of the pulleys now, I'm not used to that.

Snapped a picture of the way the serpentine belt goes for reference later. Look at how cracked the belts were :yikes:

Thursday, I planned to tackle the rest of the cooling system refresh. Things to do:

• Replace belts
    • Replace expansion tank
    • Replace water pump with Stewart water pump.
    • Replace thermostat
    • Replace coolant hoses with Mishimoto silicone coolant hoses.
    • Coolant flush

I decided against doing the radiator because it was still in very good condition. I'll probably replace that on the next refresh. I also didn't do the pulleys yet because I haven't figured out whether I want to do a power pulley set, or just go with OEM again. Or maybe put on a supercharger : which would replace the pulleys too.

Taking off the belts was easy. But man, taking off the expansion tank was ridiculously hard for some reason. I spent like a good 2 hours pulling on that POS to finally get it out. And then the coolant hoses. God dammit, also very hard and also took me 2 hours to take those off. That's pretty much all I was able to do that day lol

Reused my transmission tank to drain the coolant

Expansion tank removed

When I took off the expansion tank, I saw this metal cylindrical thing come out. I was like WTF is this?! I've never seen it before. Then I check the new one, I guess it's meant to stay inside the tank. Good to know, I wasn't driving around with random metal parts in my system :lmao:

My radiator hoses are in super good condition. I could totally sell this. Same thing with my expansion tank lol But I probably won't, iono.

Hoses removed, picture taken from the bottom.

Comparison of the OEM vs. Mishimoto ones (with the black electrical tape mod)

I need to go buy distilled water for the coolant too. That's pretty much where I'm at. I was busy yesterday, and it's windy as hell so I haven't touched the car. Ronald@autosolutions sent me a text that he shipped out the selector rod, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully, it won't be too windy later today and I could try get some more of the stuff out of the way.

continuing on....

The weather was pretty nice today. John came by again to help knock out the stuff we were working on Thursday. It was pretty straightforward for the most part. Remove the water pump pulley, then thermostat, then water pump. Then put everything back.

Thermostat removed. Looks perfectly fine like all the other parts. Can you tell which one is the new one?

It's the bottom one, for those that are playing along.

Next was the water pump. Nothing wrong with it, but the old one had some rust where to pulley mounts to.

Thermostat/water pump reinstalled

New belts and the Mishimoto silicone radiator hoses. These fit pretty much perfectly. The only thing was that on the top one, the clamp was hitting the engine hoist bracket. All we had to do was just loosen it and move it out of the way.

Then I replaced my washer bottle finally. I deleted my headlight washers back when I did the whole M3 fenders thing. So my washer bottle had always been leaking because factory reservoir had the hole for the headlight washer pump and it kept leaking from there. So I bought a non-headlight washer bottle along with a brand new washer pump to go with it. I'm finally glad to have a working, non-leaking washer fluid pump/bottle now lol :excited:

As you can see, on the bottle on the top right, you have the headlight washer pump. Then that hole you see under it is the one for the normal washer pump. On the bottom bottle, there's no hole/space for that headlight washer.

Then finally went back to put the DISA in, and started putting on the Mishimoto silicone intake hoses. It looks like I ran into the same problem that a few people have reported here where it seems like the hoses are too long : Why haven't they fixed this yet?

Here's some pictures to show how much it's off by.

Pretty much since we were stuck at that point. Just decided to call it a day after I put the cabin air filter housing and stuff back in. This is how it looks currently with everything install except for the air intake stuff.

I'm going to look online to see if there is something I'm not doing right on the intake boots and if there's anything else I could do. In the meantime, I'll be reaching out to them to see if they could provide a solution.

There's not much left to do after this. I won't be free to work on it at least until Monday.

Things to do next week:
    • Install intake hoses/air filter
    • Oil change
    • Fill coolant
    • Fuel filter
    • Clean speed sensors
    • Finish SSK install when the selector rod arrives
    That's about it so far. Today is football day, so rest day for me.

Good work!

Sent by the Pixel XL
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Wow, lots of stuff, noice!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Man, I got tired just from reading about all the stuff you did.....nice work!!

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Quote Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
    Man, I got tired just from reading about all the stuff you did.....nice work!!
    +1

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast